Camp Nothing

/ Camp Nothing #1  

Doc_Bob

Elite Member
Tractor
2003 NH TN70A
A couple of photos of me at the medics station and the helipad at Camp Nothing Hill. It is called Camp Nothing because there is nothing to do there (pretty original?). The helicopter is a UH-60 AKA as a Blackhawk. It is a lift or general utility helicopter. The day was sunny and warm. I flew with the crew of the UH-60 as part of my job as a flight surgeon. And I visited with the medics at Nothing Hill as part of my weekly rounds.
Robert

CIMG2099.JPG

CIMG2101.JPG

/ Camp Nothing #2  
Great pix Doc.

/ Camp Nothing #3  
Doc_Bob
If you fly in to camp humpheries(sp) in korea my son might be doing the air trafic control. He just left for his second tour over there today and my wife is so up set she wont see him for another year.

tommu56

/ Camp Nothing #4  
Doc Bob,

Nice pics.

Thank you for your service.

Eddie

USMC 83-88

/ Camp Nothing #5  
Nice pics doc, Camp Nothing is a nice place to be :) beats the heck out of camp lots going on :)

Thanks for being there.

/ Camp Nothing #6  
Were you in Kosov? Or are you just a designated unit to go there? Just curious as a retired Army helio pilot and glad I ain't there.

/ Camp Nothing #7  
I'm an ex-USAF doctor. I wasn't a flight surgeon so I didn't get to wear one of those cool flight suits. Got to fly in a lot of stuff (C-17, C-141, Medivac Lear jet type thing) but never got a ride in a Blackhawk. Got to ride in a Huey (Dust Off) several times flying seriously injured personell from Eglin AFB over to Pensacola (great trip by the way, white sand, beaches, etc.) Rode back with doors open, moonlight on the water, legs hanging out the door.

It was a real shock to me when I got deployed to Bosnia back when all that started. The shock was not getting deployed, the shock was that they were sending me into Tusla with a small TALSE (C-17) medical unit and sending the flight surgeon to Germany to coordinate the air evacs. Somehow I just assumed I would be the one sleeping in a hotel in Frankfort while the flight surgeon slept in a tent and used a privy! :rolleyes:

Lucky for me I never made it to Tusla. They sent 2 units of med folks and the other unit was a gung-ho light colonel that wanted to go and I was a lowly captain who wanted to go home! I spent a month in Germany and a week tending to the airlift guys using the airport in Budapest. We stayed in a Marriot overlooking the Danube.:D

In any case, what type of unit are you in Doc? Where are you normally stationed? What else have you gotten to ride in?

/ Camp Nothing
Jimbrown said:
Were you in Kosov? Or are you just a designated unit to go there? Just curious as a retired Army helio pilot and glad I ain't there.

Yes, I am in Kosovo. 9,000 foot mountains and the weather reminds me of Midwest weather.
Bob

/ Camp Nothing
N80 said:
In any case, what type of unit are you in Doc? Where are you normally stationed? What else have you gotten to ride in?

Task Force Eagle, KFOR 8 (Kosovo Force 8 as in 8 year USA has been at Camp Bondsteel). Only C-130H, UH-1 (HUEY) and UH-60, Blackhawk. I took care of an Apache unit in Korea in 2002, but never got to fly (only two seater). Home is in Wisconsin as the National Guard.
Bob

/ Camp Nothing
tommu56 said:
Doc_Bob
If you fly in to camp humpheries(sp) in korea my son might be doing the air trafic control. He just left for his second tour over there today and my wife is so up set she wont see him for another year.

tommu56

I am in Europe right now, but I visited Humphries (SP??) back in 2002. I was at Camp Page in Korea for awhile.
Bob