Truck Canopy Lift

/ Truck Canopy Lift #1  

anojones

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3320
Does anyone have any links or ideas to easily remove/store a pick-up canopy? I usually keep mine on my truck, but there are times I'd like to get a load of rock/soil and need it off. I was thinking I might be able to use clamp-on forks on my FEL and build a rack onto the forks that would fit under the canopy to lift it off. Is there a commercial device folks have seen? Thanks for any help.

Aaron

/ Truck Canopy Lift #2  
How about for posts pounded into the ground. Back the pickup between them, get in the box and lift one end at a time, slide a beam onto the posts and under the canopy and the repeat at other end.:D

Or else make use of some young strong back! I used to be able to install/remove my truck canopy all by myself with no problems!:D That is no longer the case!:confused: :confused: and I don't know why.:confused: :confused:

/ Truck Canopy Lift
Egon said:
That is no longer the case!:confused: :confused: and I don't know why.:confused: :confused:
That's my problem as well. :) After thinking about it, I think I'll place a couple of eyebolts on each end of two two by fours- slip them under the canopy near the front and back then use tie-downs hooked to a hoist and lift it off, I can then store it near the ceiling as well. I will have a 12' ceiling in by new barn, so hopefully that will work.