Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 3320

Default Truck Canopy Lift

Does anyone have any links or ideas to easily remove/store a pick-up canopy? I usually keep mine on my truck, but there are times I'd like to get a load of rock/soil and need it off. I was thinking I might be able to use clamp-on forks on my FEL and build a rack onto the forks that would fit under the canopy to lift it off. Is there a commercial device folks have seen? Thanks for any help.

Aaron

Default Re: Truck Canopy Lift

How about for posts pounded into the ground. Back the pickup between them, get in the box and lift one end at a time, slide a beam onto the posts and under the canopy and the repeat at other end.

Or else make use of some young strong back! I used to be able to install/remove my truck canopy all by myself with no problems! That is no longer the case! and I don't know why.
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 3320

Quote Originally Posted by Egon
    That is no longer the case! and I don't know why.
    That's my problem as well. After thinking about it, I think I'll place a couple of eyebolts on each end of two two by fours- slip them under the canopy near the front and back then use tie-downs hooked to a hoist and lift it off, I can then store it near the ceiling as well. I will have a 12' ceiling in by new barn, so hopefully that will work.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD4100 Hydro