Cheap Diesel

/ Cheap Diesel #1  

Richard

Elite Member
Tractor
International 1066 Full sized JCB Loader/Backhoe and a John Deere 430 to mow with
Just paid .749 for "Construction Tax" diesel ???

My cheapest ever, so I wasn't complaining

/ Cheap Diesel #3  
Got my diesel this morning and pay $1.23 per gallon,and thats the lowest its been for over a year.
Maybe its do to the mild winter we having??

/ Cheap Diesel #4  
diesel in central ohio has been at or near gas prices. Was $1.09 yesterday at the local truck stop.

/ Cheap Diesel
I got this per usual at the local Farmers Co-op. When going to pay, he asked me if it was for farm equipment or construction equipment. As it was for Brutus which certainly isnt' a tractor, I said construction. I didn't stop to think first, if "farm" pricing would be cheaper, second, that I also supply diesel for the tractor. Given that, I could/should have said which ever is cheaper.

None the less, lowest I have ever paid in my short time of being exposed to diesel toys. So, I smiled, paid the bill and took off hopeing he wouldn't catch his potential mistake. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Richard

/ Cheap Diesel #6  
I dont know if farm exempt is cheaper than construction exempt but they both have your state levied road maintenance tax taken off, the reason being if your not using the roads while your consuming the fuel why pay the tax?

These fuels are also dyed red for farm and it might be blue for construction not sure about that but either way dont get caught with dyed diesel in your pickup tank!

If you use enough fuel get a 55 gallon barrel and barrel pump and have an oil company come out and fill it.

Also your state should have a form to fill out when you do income taxes which allows you to recoup the road tax spent on fuel for your tractor maybe for all of your other internal combustion non-car toys.