Early Spring Or No Winter

/ Early Spring Or No Winter #1  

Steelfan

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland TC21D
Well, its looking like all the signs for the coming of spring are here. Two weeks ago my wife, and I saw what seemed to be about 100 robins in the backyard. They stayed around for about 3 days. Although some stuck around. Next thing was Geese, I've seen flock after flock flying north. PA didn't really have much of a winter this year at all. We had one real snowfall, and a couple of cold days. I'm wondering if we will ever see those storms, that I remember as a kid. Before we know it the FEL will be off, and the MMM will be on.

/ Early Spring Or No Winter #2  
Yeah...bought a back blade for plowing...used it twice for snows that didn't really require plowing...good practice though.
It's a given that if one obtains a tool, implement, what have you, for snow removal...that there will be no need for that tool for at least a year.
Sorta like a variation of Murphy's Law...

/ Early Spring Or No Winter #3  
Just starting to see signs of spring up here,little mud and water flowing thru the culvert..pot holes are like connect the dots or a refreshing driver coarse..New Hampshire speed bumps signs..FROST HEAVES. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

We still haven't got a couple of sugar snowstorm yet..hope they are a coming.

/ Early Spring Or No Winter #4  
had school vaction week, and never remember such nice weather for feb vacation. worked outside in 40-50 degrees all week, just about flipped the tractor digging mud with spinning wheels trying for traction. had to use the shovel dozer to smooth out the mud and fill the ruts. thanfully it has gone below freezing the last two nights.

/ Early Spring Or No Winter #5  
And my apricot and plum trees have budded. 70 degrees outside with a forecast for the 20s Tuesday night. I may not have any plums this year./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Early Spring Or No Winter
I can imagine stuff is trying to grow. We have seen a lot of new green in PA too. Sorry about the plums though, I like them.

/ Early Spring Or No Winter #7  
Steelfan,

I'd say it was both....no winter and early spring. Felt like a beautiful spring day in upstate NY today almost so that I wanted to go out and do spring clean-up. But, I'm still trying to kick a bout with the flu and my wife put a stop to that. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Regards,
Bob Ancar
Cambridge, NY

/ Early Spring Or No Winter
Sorry to hear a about you bout with the flu. I was outside with my tractor today digging, and scraping around. Man it was great. I just can't get it out of my mind that spring isn't here yet. Did a lot of my cleanup today, but I could be sorry if we get a storm in March like we did quite a few years. I hope you feel better. Kent

/ Early Spring Or No Winter #9  
Don't know what you're talking about SF /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

We had 60 degrees today. Got to ride my bike outside for a change, which is always a treat. Tomorrow we're supposed to be in for a major change though. Temps falling intot he single digits with predictions for heavy lake effect snows over the next several days. And here we are getting ready to pour basement walls tomorrow /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

The daffodils that are coming up are surely in for a shock /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Early Spring Or No Winter #10  
bob: know how u feel! i also live in upstate ny, very nice today but really could not do anything outside, too wet and muddy, just a rotten time of year! always hated late feb. and march, give u a tate of decent weather then slams u with winter again. although winter has been very mild.