Finders Keepers?

/ Finders Keepers? #1  

mjarrels

Elite Member
Tractor
1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.
Took a load of brush down to the burn pile yesterday evening and low and behold, there was a nice big JD cab tractor with 15' bushog batwing mower setting behind my barn!!! Guess my neighor is getting ready to mow my fields?

mark

/ Finders Keepers? #2  
That, or maybe somebody bought you one a heck of Father's Day present :D

/ Finders Keepers? #3  
mjarrels said:
Took a load of brush down to the burn pile yesterday evening and low and behold, there was a nice big JD cab tractor with 15' bushog batwing mower setting behind my barn!!! Guess my neighor is getting ready to mow my fields?

mark

Afternoon Mark,
Did they leave the keys ??? ;) :) :D

/ Finders Keepers?
Scotty... us good ole boys don't need any stinkin keys! Always wanted to drive a big cab tractor with air... should be 94 degrees today!

mark

/ Finders Keepers? #5  
We arrived at our property one morning to find a brand spanking new Kershaw, the one with the long fiberglass boom and a buzz saw on the end.

It sure was pretty. Belonged to the power company of course. There was the sorriest looking old Ford tractor next to it with a HEAVY duty brush cutter on the back. The Kershaw was paddlocked everywhere you could lock it and they had sprayed orange paint on the tires and then down on the ground to make sure it had not been moved.......I guess they'd heard about me and cool toys.

The old Ford.....they left the keys in it.

/ Finders Keepers? #6  
Keys just make them start faster.. that's all. Sometimes not even.

I keep a spare key for all my ford gas tractors hanging on the barn wall. It's a 24" wire with gator clips on each end. one clip to bat neg.. one clip to coil primary and away you go. I think that may actually be faster than digging the keys outta my pocket... and deffinately easier than walking up tot he house!! (grin) Heck... that spare key will fit some of the diesels too.. just got to stick it in a different place...

Soundguy

/ Finders Keepers?
Went down to the barn yesterday evening to check it out more closely... JD 7610 pulling a 18' bushog batwing. Looks like he mowed about 4 acres but got rained out. Big thunderstorm hit yesterday afternoon. Biggest mower I ever saw!

mark

/ Finders Keepers? #8  
Soundguy said:
Keys just make them start faster.. that's all. Sometimes not even.

I keep a spare key for all my ford gas tractors hanging on the barn wall. It's a 24" wire with gator clips on each end. one clip to bat neg.. one clip to coil primary and away you go. I think that may actually be faster than digging the keys outta my pocket... and deffinately easier than walking up tot he house!! (grin) Heck... that spare key will fit some of the diesels too.. just got to stick it in a different place...

Soundguy

I had a 62 chev 1/2ton back when. Wife took the keys shopping with her one day. Quickly discovered two 'u clips' of insulated #12 wire inserted in the ignition module would make it run. Actually almost as fast as using a key. Ran it that way for a long time. Guess it was a 'good thing' (tm) that I didnt' get stopped with that hanging loose under the dash.

Harry K

/ Finders Keepers? #9  
That mights been a kodak moment!

Soundguy