She Won!

/ She Won!
She told me that I should send an essay to John Deere and maybe I'll WIN a tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I am proud of her, Cessna told her that they received several thousand essays nationwide.

/ She Won! #12  
Thats great and tell her congrats./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ She Won! #13  
PittBull

Cool and congrats to your wife /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif

From a fellow student pilot (Now have a restricted licence), it is a marvellous thing indeed this flying caper.

Very, very hard to justify the $ to spend (Over here a private pilots licence is looking like costing me about $10,000 all up) but I look at things like this:

"I am here for a good time, not a long time"
"I may never make it to the rainy day I save for"

These help me justify the $.

Have fun /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ She Won! #14  
Congrats to you and your wife , I know of very few people that at one time or another have had the dream to fly or to become a pilot.. ,, I am very happy for her in that her dream will come true and may her skys be always brite and clear and each landing a promise for another take off to that perfect flight .......
Bill G.

/ She Won! #15  
Pitbull,
Tell the wife congrats. Although I dont like to fly (its a control thing) She will be in control so dont be a back seat driver when shes at the controls of the plane/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ She Won! #16  
Yep they say that as long as you have the same number of landings as you do takeoffs, then you have had a good flying career/life !! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ She Won! #17  
Landings.... more like a controlled fall. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Terry

/ She Won! #18  
Very controlled.

You actually stall the plane to land it.

Although I must admit lots and lots of mine have looked very out of control /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Cheers

/ She Won! #19  
PitBullMidWest,

Get the wifey a membership in the EAA, Experimental Aircraft Association.
The organization is more than Experimental aircraft. They have a website,
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.eaa.org>http://www.eaa.org</A> for more information.

The have several different magazines as well.

Another benefit to joining the EAA is that you can
get XPlan pricing on Ford vehicles after being a
member for one year.

You two can start building your airplane while she
gets her license! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Later....
Dan McCarty

/ She Won!
Dan,

We have a local chapter of EAA who sponser "Young Eagle's Day" each year. The program, for those unfamiliar with it, takes kids 8 years old or older for a free plane ride to expose them to aviation. Our oldest son has flown and our daughter was scheduled to last fall but it was cancelled (weekend after 9/11).

We already have the XPlan through work but its still good to know some of the benefits offered by EAA.

Several people have also recommended that she join APOA.

I guess all those years of dragging her to the Quad Cities Airshow have finally paid off /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. Now if I could just get her to Oshkosh.