She Won!

/ She Won! #21  
Congrads to her. She will have a lot of fun.

Just keep her away from helicopters or else big $$$$, and they are very addicting.

/ She Won! #22  
Congrats to you, and Mrs Pitbull. Kent

/ She Won! #23  
congrats to your wife. nothing like flying. guess u will be building a newer BIGGER garage? /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ She Won!
Re: She Won! - Final Installment

Well, after about 80 hours of instruction, my wife passed her checkride last Saturday morning and I couldn't be prouder.

It took a little longer than planned because her dad was diagnoised with pancreatic cancer in April and obviously her priorities changed. He encouraged her more than anyone and made her keep up her lessons. She soloed on the 4th of July, one week after her dad passed away.

She took me up yesterday and had a wonderful time. Her next goal is to checkout in a 172 so that the whole family can fly together. By the way, I never told you guys, but all of your encouragement when I first told you about this meant a lot to her.

/ She Won! #25  
Congrats to your wife. That is a major accomplishment. I still remember my solo flight as being very special. The sense of pride and accomplishment after getting the private ticket is a close second. After 2200 hrs of flying, it still is a challenging and perspective changing event. The world looks different from the air.

I would encourage her fly regularly (It gets away from you really fast if you don't), fly conservatively (high personal minimums of ceiling and cross winds), and continue reading and studying (It is never ending). I would also strongly encourage her to get her instrument rating. That rating will further hone piloting skills, confidence, and aircraft utilization.

This is just the begining of a long interesting road.

If you thought tractors were expensive wait until you get involved with airplanes!!!

/ She Won! #26  

Congratulations! And I'll bet you'll both love that 172.

/ She Won! #27  

By the sounds you have been bless w/outstanding lady.

/ She Won! #28  

Congrats...! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Now, she can fly you around the country to any and all Tractor and Ag displays... you lucky dog... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif (and even better you can get some "secret" seat time yourself...) (and need a third job to support this expensive habit...)

So when do we all get an airplane ride...? /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

/ She Won!

<font color=blue>So when do we all get an airplane ride...? </font color=blue>

Well, based on the number of requests so far.... sometime late in 2004 /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ She Won! #30  

congrats to your fine lady: i told u last march that u were going to need a bigger garage soon./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif