She Won!

/ She Won! #31  
Re: She Won! - Final Installment

Way to go Mrs. PBMW !!

I have bveen away from TBN for a while because I too have been trying to finish mny PPL (Private Pilot's Licence)

Hope to have it done this week.

I bet you enjoyed your first flight with her.

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ She Won! #32  

PitBull,

I mentioned the EAA when you posted early last year. I
would encourage you two to look into the organization and
see if they have a chapter near you. The sure seem like a fun
group and very helpful. One part of the organization is into
building your own planes.... Hint Hint! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Some time in the first quarter of 2003 they are supposed to
have special pricing on JD eqiupment. You would likely have
to be a member of EAA for a year to participate.

I wish I had the time and money to get my license but alas
that is not in the cards for a few years. I figure one day
perhaps so I joined the EAA. At least I can start reading up
and dreaming! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Your wife is well on her way. Congrats to her!

Later,
Dan McCarty

/ She Won! #33  
To all who have flying aspirations, but no flying cash, I can point out that you can start studying for the written portion of the process and get that behind you. The written exams are good for two years, so you will need to complete your private pilot training during that time or you will need to take the written exam over again. This is very cheap (Cheaper than tractors)!! The books are about $18.00. There are some very good study kits (around $50-60) with CDs for your computer that do an excellent job of explaining the concepts. I self studied for everyone of my ratings/certificates. Just buy a book (Jeppeson or Gleim) and start learning!!! Even if you never complete the private pilot rating, the knowledge that you gain studying will be interesting and helpful.

/ She Won!

Dan,
We do have an EAA chapter in town and the wife is looking into it. I was given a ride in a Challenger at the last Young Eagles Day and suggested to my wife that we build to save money. She was less than receptive to the idea. As time moves on and the desire to fly whenever she wants really kicks in she just might change her mind.

BTW, she was reading over my shoulder and informed me that she checked out at 70 hours NOT 80!!!! I better set that straight or I'll be in the doghouse for sure.

/ She Won!

<font color=blue>I bet you enjoyed your first flight with her.</font color=blue>

Did I ever! She took me up right before dusk and we watched the lights come on all over the landscape. Very beautiful. The weather hasn't cooperated with our scheduled so the kids are still waiting for their first flight.

Good luck on your training Neil, please let us know when you have your checkride.