Cheaper Generic Roundup

/ Cheaper Generic Roundup #1  

Tom_H

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I know that a lot of places have been selling generic Roundup-Pro under numerous names for a couple of years now, but for some it was a long drive to a place that had it. The chemical name to look for (as most of you already know) is Glyphosate 41% with surficant. I noticed a 2 1/2 gal. container of it at Lowes recently for $69.

/ Cheaper Generic Roundup #2  
You can buy generics just about everywhere. Most farm stores push the generic because it is cheaper to have on hand. Personally, I use Drexel Imitator Plus. Drexel - Product Detail

/ Cheaper Generic Roundup #6  
I have bought numerous things from this man, all good.
Here is his ebay store eBay Store - Pest Control: Insecticides, Flying Insect Baits, Rat Mouse
I am using RAZOR PRO WEED KILLER HERBICIDE 41% Glyphosate 5 gal. from him, seems identical to Round up. Below is what it cost me, with shipping to OH. He is in PA.

Shipping cost for 2.5 gallons would be $17.20 and shipping for 5 gallons would be $23.53 The 2.5 gallon would be $50.95 + $17.20 = $68.15
5 gallons would be $91.90 + $23.53 = $115.43

I have also bought Bifen IT, a wonderful long lasting insecticide.

/ Cheaper Generic Roundup
Robert_in_NY said:
You can buy generics just about everywhere. Most farm stores push the generic because it is cheaper to have on hand. Personally, I use Drexel Imitator Plus. Drexel - Product Detail

I don't know what's up with our local feed/seed/tack store. They're still trying to stock only the Roundup. There was no competition for about 35 miles, so I guess they were sticking to the cash cow. With Lowes now carrying the generic, maybe the feed & seed will too.

Thanks tallyho8 & LMTC for the tips!

/ Cheaper Generic Roundup #8  
Go to an actual fertilizer/chemical dealer and you will find lots of options. Here they stock the name brand and the off brands but push the off brand.

The small feed/tack stores do not carry a big inventory of products so I wouldn't expect them to have a large selection of anything. TSC carries a couple generics but I have never paid much attention to them. I think they have Touchdown which is a good generic.

/ Cheaper Generic Roundup #9  
my ohio landmark dealer has cornerstone which is generic for 48.75/2.5 gal

/ Cheaper Generic Roundup #10  
Where I live the Generic Version means have you got a licence to buy it!:D