Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Default Cheaper Generic Roundup

I know that a lot of places have been selling generic Roundup-Pro under numerous names for a couple of years now, but for some it was a long drive to a place that had it. The chemical name to look for (as most of you already know) is Glyphosate 41% with surficant. I noticed a 2 1/2 gal. container of it at Lowes recently for $69.

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Default Re: Cheaper Generic Roundup

You can buy generics just about everywhere. Most farm stores push the generic because it is cheaper to have on hand. Personally, I use Drexel Imitator Plus. Drexel - Product Detail

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Katrinaville LA west of Westwego east of Ama south of River Ridge north of Boutte, above sea level
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1802, Kubota L4400

I just bought 2 1/2 gallons of Honcho Plus fromcooperseeds.com - Seeds, Gifts, Bird Feeders & Supplies, Do-It-Yourself Pest Control for $49.95. It is 41% and made by the same company that makes Roundup. They had very fast delivery.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Quote Originally Posted by tallyho8
    I just bought 2 1/2 gallons of Honcho Plus fromcooperseeds.com - Seeds, Gifts, Bird Feeders & Supplies, Do-It-Yourself Pest Control for $49.95. It is 41% and made by the same company that makes Roundup. They had very fast delivery.
    Hmmm, what was the shipping on that?

Katrinaville LA west of Westwego east of Ama south of River Ridge north of Boutte, above sea level
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1802, Kubota L4400

Shipping was $15.28 to Louisiana. Out west will probably be more.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar

I have bought numerous things from this man, all good.
    Here is his ebay store eBay Store - Pest Control: Insecticides, Flying Insect Baits, Rat Mouse
    I am using RAZOR PRO WEED KILLER HERBICIDE 41% Glyphosate 5 gal. from him, seems identical to Round up. Below is what it cost me, with shipping to OH. He is in PA.

Shipping cost for 2.5 gallons would be $17.20 and shipping for 5 gallons would be $23.53 The 2.5 gallon would be $50.95 + $17.20 = $68.15
    5 gallons would be $91.90 + $23.53 = $115.43

I have also bought Bifen IT, a wonderful long lasting insecticide.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_in_NY
    You can buy generics just about everywhere. Most farm stores push the generic because it is cheaper to have on hand. Personally, I use Drexel Imitator Plus. Drexel - Product Detail
    I don't know what's up with our local feed/seed/tack store. They're still trying to stock only the Roundup. There was no competition for about 35 miles, so I guess they were sticking to the cash cow. With Lowes now carrying the generic, maybe the feed & seed will too.

Thanks tallyho8 & LMTC for the tips!

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Go to an actual fertilizer/chemical dealer and you will find lots of options. Here they stock the name brand and the off brands but push the off brand.

The small feed/tack stores do not carry a big inventory of products so I wouldn't expect them to have a large selection of anything. TSC carries a couple generics but I have never paid much attention to them. I think they have Touchdown which is a good generic.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tractor
    Kubota L48

my ohio landmark dealer has cornerstone which is generic for 48.75/2.5 gal

Where I live the Generic Version means have you got a licence to buy it!
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast