why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ??

/ why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ?? #1  

Unregistered2013

Gold Member
the topics are so similar in both forums --

-- mods???

/ why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ?? #2  
This forum has been known to deviate waaaaaay outside the bounds on anything concerning rural living.

/ why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ?? #3  
Ditto what N80 said. This forum is the closest thing to a 'misc' forum that we have.

Soundguy

/ why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ??
i think that rural living could be absorbed by this section then --

-- but then again, there is a livestock thread in this section -- isn't that rural living?

i just think there are too many sub-forums here, and it could be more effective of a group if it there were less sub-forums.

/ why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ?? #5  
eric and his rtv said:
i just think there are too many sub-forums here, and it could be more effective of a group if it there were less sub-forums.

I don't like the new REGIONAL forums they are just starting and wish they would eliminate them. That makes too many different forums you have to go to just to see what is going on. :( When I am asking questions about tractors, barns etc, it doesn't matter to me if the readers are in Florida or Canada. Many of the things that someone in California writes about are equally important to us as those written by our neighbors.

/ why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ?? #6  
eric and his rtv said:
i think that rural living could be absorbed by this section then --

-- but then again, there is a livestock thread in this section -- isn't that rural living?

Nah. If someone brings up computers or global warming or boating, that does not belong in a 'rural living' forum and people will say say. But, if you get a little crossover of rural living into a 'misc' forum, well that makes no difference.

/ why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ?? #7  
tallyho8 said:
I don't like the new REGIONAL forums they are just starting and wish they would eliminate them. That makes too many different forums you have to go to just to see what is going on. :( When I am asking questions about tractors, barns etc, it doesn't matter to me if the readers are in Florida or Canada. Many of the things that someone in California writes about are equally important to us as those written by our neighbors.

well if you just click the show recent threads block you will not have to go to all of the forums all the new ones come up automatically.
</STRONG>
Welcome back, Jimbrown!
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.
Show Recent Threads: 24 Hours | Since My Last Visit

/ why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ?? #8  
Yep....

It is all about how you view TBN. Some do recent, some do all, some subscribe, some do time management, some just come and go....

-Mike Z.

/ why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ?? #9  
Jimbrown said:
well if you just click the show recent threads block you will not have to go to all of the forums all the new ones come up automatically.

Thats how I do it, or I use 'Since My Last Visit'

/ why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ?? #10  
That was a time, believe it or not, when there were few enough posts that I read all of them. In those days, I just went down the forums, but now about the only way I do it is to click on "Since My Last Visit" and even then cannot find time to read more than a small percentage of the posts.