Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ??

the topics are so similar in both forums --

-- mods???

Tractor
    Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL

Default Re: why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ??

This forum has been known to deviate waaaaaay outside the bounds on anything concerning rural living.
    George
    South Carolina

The size of government is inversely proprotional to the degree of freedom it affords.

"What is truth?" Pontius Pilate

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Ditto what N80 said. This forum is the closest thing to a 'misc' forum that we have.

Soundguy

i think that rural living could be absorbed by this section then --

-- but then again, there is a livestock thread in this section -- isn't that rural living?

i just think there are too many sub-forums here, and it could be more effective of a group if it there were less sub-forums.

Katrinaville LA west of Westwego east of Ama south of River Ridge north of Boutte, above sea level
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1802, Kubota L4400

Quote Originally Posted by eric and his rtv
    i just think there are too many sub-forums here, and it could be more effective of a group if it there were less sub-forums.
    I don't like the new REGIONAL forums they are just starting and wish they would eliminate them. That makes too many different forums you have to go to just to see what is going on. When I am asking questions about tractors, barns etc, it doesn't matter to me if the readers are in Florida or Canada. Many of the things that someone in California writes about are equally important to us as those written by our neighbors.

Tractor
    Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL

Quote Originally Posted by eric and his rtv
    i think that rural living could be absorbed by this section then --

-- but then again, there is a livestock thread in this section -- isn't that rural living?

Nah. If someone brings up computers or global warming or boating, that does not belong in a 'rural living' forum and people will say say. But, if you get a little crossover of rural living into a 'misc' forum, well that makes no difference.
    George
    South Carolina

The size of government is inversely proprotional to the degree of freedom it affords.

"What is truth?" Pontius Pilate

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI LK30

Quote Originally Posted by tallyho8
    I don't like the new REGIONAL forums they are just starting and wish they would eliminate them. That makes too many different forums you have to go to just to see what is going on. When I am asking questions about tractors, barns etc, it doesn't matter to me if the readers are in Florida or Canada. Many of the things that someone in California writes about are equally important to us as those written by our neighbors.
    well if you just click the show recent threads block you will not have to go to all of the forums all the new ones come up automatically.
    </STRONG>
    Welcome back, Jimbrown!
    Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.
    Show Recent Threads: 24 Hours | Since My Last Visit

Tractor
    Kubota's, John Deere's

Yep....

It is all about how you view TBN. Some do recent, some do all, some subscribe, some do time management, some just come and go....

-Mike Z.

Tractor
    John Deere!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbrown
    well if you just click the show recent threads block you will not have to go to all of the forums all the new ones come up automatically.
    Thats how I do it, or I use 'Since My Last Visit'
    Jake

That was a time, believe it or not, when there were few enough posts that I read all of them. In those days, I just went down the forums, but now about the only way I do it is to click on "Since My Last Visit" and even then cannot find time to read more than a small percentage of the posts.
    Bird

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast