Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Default why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ??

    the topics are so similar in both forums --

    -- mods???

  2. #2
    Super Member N80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,247
    Location
    SC
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL

    Default Re: why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ??

    This forum has been known to deviate waaaaaay outside the bounds on anything concerning rural living.
    George
    South Carolina

    The size of government is inversely proprotional to the degree of freedom it affords.

    "What is truth?" Pontius Pilate

  3. #3
    Epic Contributor Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    48,804
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ??

    Ditto what N80 said. This forum is the closest thing to a 'misc' forum that we have.

    Soundguy

  4. #4

    Default Re: why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ??

    i think that rural living could be absorbed by this section then --

    -- but then again, there is a livestock thread in this section -- isn't that rural living?

    i just think there are too many sub-forums here, and it could be more effective of a group if it there were less sub-forums.

  5. #5
    Elite Member tallyho8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,312
    Location
    Katrinaville LA west of Westwego east of Ama south of River Ridge north of Boutte, above sea level
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1802, Kubota L4400

    Default Re: why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ??

    Quote Originally Posted by eric and his rtv
    i just think there are too many sub-forums here, and it could be more effective of a group if it there were less sub-forums.
    I don't like the new REGIONAL forums they are just starting and wish they would eliminate them. That makes too many different forums you have to go to just to see what is going on. When I am asking questions about tractors, barns etc, it doesn't matter to me if the readers are in Florida or Canada. Many of the things that someone in California writes about are equally important to us as those written by our neighbors.

  6. #6
    Super Member N80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,247
    Location
    SC
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL

    Default Re: why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ??

    Quote Originally Posted by eric and his rtv
    i think that rural living could be absorbed by this section then --

    -- but then again, there is a livestock thread in this section -- isn't that rural living?

    i just think there are too many sub-forums here, and it could be more effective of a group if it there were less sub-forums.
    Nah. If someone brings up computers or global warming or boating, that does not belong in a 'rural living' forum and people will say say. But, if you get a little crossover of rural living into a 'misc' forum, well that makes no difference.
    George
    South Carolina

    The size of government is inversely proprotional to the degree of freedom it affords.

    "What is truth?" Pontius Pilate

  7. #7
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,332
    Location
    Tombstone Az
    Tractor
    KIOTI LK30

    Default Re: why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ??

    Quote Originally Posted by tallyho8
    I don't like the new REGIONAL forums they are just starting and wish they would eliminate them. That makes too many different forums you have to go to just to see what is going on. When I am asking questions about tractors, barns etc, it doesn't matter to me if the readers are in Florida or Canada. Many of the things that someone in California writes about are equally important to us as those written by our neighbors.
    well if you just click the show recent threads block you will not have to go to all of the forums all the new ones come up automatically.
    </STRONG>
    Welcome back, Jimbrown!
    Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.
    Show Recent Threads: 24 Hours | Since My Last Visit

  8. #8
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    6,557
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Tractor
    Kubota's, John Deere's

    Default Re: why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ??

    Yep....

    It is all about how you view TBN. Some do recent, some do all, some subscribe, some do time management, some just come and go....

    -Mike Z.

  9. #9
    Platinum Member Grrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    800
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Tractor
    John Deere!

    Default Re: why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbrown
    well if you just click the show recent threads block you will not have to go to all of the forums all the new ones come up automatically.
    Thats how I do it, or I use 'Since My Last Visit'
    Jake

  10. #10
    Epic Contributor Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    37,779
    Location
    Texas

    Default Re: why isn't this forum merged with "rural living" -- ??

    That was a time, believe it or not, when there were few enough posts that I read all of them. In those days, I just went down the forums, but now about the only way I do it is to click on "Since My Last Visit" and even then cannot find time to read more than a small percentage of the posts.
    Bird

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.