Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

Default Online Rx Safety glasses?

I'd like to get a pair of perscription safety glasses and a pair of perscription safety sunglasses. My eyedoctor is great for getting regular old indoor glasses, but doesn't seem to be much help when it comes to safety glasses or sunglasses.

Anyone have any recommendations for some good, reliable, online places to get glasses? Someplace with regular 2 for one discounts would be ideal for my situation.
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D
    RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

Tractor
    Kubota B3030 loaded!

Default Re: Online Rx Safety glasses?

I got a pair from here Prescription Safety Glasses, Prescription Laser Safety Glasses, and many more Safety Glasses!

Reasonable price ( I think $100 cheaper) vs. lenscrafters etc. I also priced my local eye doc. I got them with the transition lenses so I can use them in the sun on the tractor. - with a cap on, the sun doesn't bother me. I have prescription sunglasses that are darker (nice for sailing).

Hazmat

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3130HST w/LA723 loader

Quote Originally Posted by Iplayfarmer
    I'd like to get a pair of perscription safety glasses and a pair of perscription safety sunglasses. My eyedoctor is great for getting regular old indoor glasses, but doesn't seem to be much help when it comes to safety glasses or sunglasses.

Anyone have any recommendations for some good, reliable, online places to get glasses? Someplace with regular 2 for one discounts would be ideal for my situation.
    If you have a Sam's Club locally check their prices. I buy my glasses as safety glasses and can get prescription tinted glasses also there. Not much frame selection though. Sam's Optical may have a web site.

Vernon
    Kubota L3130HST, BL4690B backhoe, LA723 Loader w/QA, 6' BB, 6' Bush Hog, 5' RB, PHD, ATI grapple, Hy-Reach Tree Shear, toothbar, pallet forks, grubbin bucket.

Tractor
    KUBOTA L 2800

We got free saftey glasses through the place I worked. We took the prescription to the doctor assigned to handle the saftey glasses. Don't know what they cost but they had a good selection.

Silver Member

Paid about $50 to get mine from the local Wal-Mart optical, Got the glasses in 2 days.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

Quote Originally Posted by hazmat
    I got a pair from here Prescription Safety Glasses, Prescription Laser Safety Glasses, and many more Safety Glasses!

Reasonable price ( I think $100 cheaper) vs. lenscrafters etc. I also priced my local eye doc. I got them with the transition lenses so I can use them in the sun on the tractor. - with a cap on, the sun doesn't bother me. I have prescription sunglasses that are darker (nice for sailing).
    I like yours. I have a pair of non-perscription Harley Davidson tinted safety glasses that have a pretty significant wrap. I like the protection from the sides and the added peripheral vision. I just want them in perscription now.
    I'll have to look that site up.
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.