Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    4310 JD 2003

Default Removing tire marks

My son and his buddies were doing 'burnouts' on our newer concrete driveway. I tried to pressure wash the marks,but no such luck. Does anyone know how to get rid of these marks?

Thanks,

-Mike-
    JD 4310
    Stuff, lots of stuff

Platinum Member

Default Re: Removing tire marks

Seems like your son should be asking these questions and pressure washing your driveway.

I think my dad used to use baking soda (or powder?) mixed with coleman fuel (white gas? whatever that stuff is people use for camp stoves) to clean tire marks off headstones at the cemetery where he used to work. That might work for you. Mix it up, put it over the marks, let it sit for a few minutes, then wash it off.
    --------------------------------
    shawn

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI LK30

clorox and if that does not work then swiming pool acid. Pour the acid on full strenght swish it around with a broom and flush with water. DON"T get it on your cloths or skin!!!!

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Id try a can of spray carb cleaner. Takes most stuff off.. including cured paint.. etc..

Soundguy

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

Quote Originally Posted by mscheer772
    My son and his buddies were doing 'burnouts' on our newer concrete driveway. I tried to pressure wash the marks,but no such luck. Does anyone know how to get rid of these marks?

Thanks,

-Mike-
    Give the son and buddies a couple toothbrushes, some rubber gloves, eye protection, kneepads, and a gallon jug of Muriatic acid(from a swimming pool supply).

Tell them to keep it off themselves, and try not to smell the fumes...

One, they'll get the stain cleaned up, and two, they'll never do a burnout where they shouldn't again

Works good for cleaning concrete, flagstone etc.
    RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

As a side thought.. a brass brush like for cleaning pool/cool-deck should really help..

soundguy

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

A brass brush would work great, but does not reinforce the lesson as well as a toothbrush

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy
    As a side thought.. a brass brush like for cleaning pool/cool-deck should really help..

soundguy
    RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

Tractor
    Kubota 4630

You'll need a solvent and stiff brush to remove the rubber from brushed concrete. I would experiment with Mineral Spirits first. If that didn't work, I would try 3M adhesive remover, and then work my way through my cleaning cabinet (Acetone, Alcohol, Turpintine, Kerosene).

Help the boys find the right materials, then it's there job to clean it up....

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI LK30

Quote Originally Posted by David Ferguson
    You'll need a solvent and stiff brush to remove the rubber from brushed concrete. I would experiment with Mineral Spirits first. If that didn't work, I would try 3M adhesive remover, and then work my way through my cleaning cabinet (Acetone, Alcohol, Turpintine, Kerosene).

Help the boys find the right materials, then it's there job to clean it up....
    I disagree it is just like trying to remove spray paint grafiti. if you put any kind of mineral based solvent on it it will soak into the pores of the concrete and be near impossible to remove. Good stiff brushes, sand blast or acid is what it takes.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

Look for someone that does soda blasting. It's the least destructive cleaning method if it will work with rubber. MikeD74T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast