Removing tire marks

/ Removing tire marks #1  

mscheer772

Silver Member
Tractor
4310 JD 2003
My son and his buddies were doing 'burnouts' on our newer concrete driveway. I tried to pressure wash the marks,but no such luck. Does anyone know how to get rid of these marks?

Thanks,

-Mike-

/ Removing tire marks #2  
Seems like your son should be asking these questions and pressure washing your driveway.

I think my dad used to use baking soda (or powder?) mixed with coleman fuel (white gas? whatever that stuff is people use for camp stoves) to clean tire marks off headstones at the cemetery where he used to work. That might work for you. Mix it up, put it over the marks, let it sit for a few minutes, then wash it off.

/ Removing tire marks #3  
clorox and if that does not work then swiming pool acid. Pour the acid on full strenght swish it around with a broom and flush with water. DON"T get it on your cloths or skin!!!!

/ Removing tire marks #4  
Id try a can of spray carb cleaner. Takes most stuff off.. including cured paint.. etc..

Soundguy

/ Removing tire marks #5  
mscheer772 said:
My son and his buddies were doing 'burnouts' on our newer concrete driveway. I tried to pressure wash the marks,but no such luck. Does anyone know how to get rid of these marks?

Thanks,

-Mike-

Give the son and buddies a couple toothbrushes, some rubber gloves, eye protection, kneepads, and a gallon jug of Muriatic acid(from a swimming pool supply).

Tell them to keep it off themselves, and try not to smell the fumes...

One, they'll get the stain cleaned up, and two, they'll never do a burnout where they shouldn't again :eek:

Works good for cleaning concrete, flagstone etc.

/ Removing tire marks #6  
As a side thought.. a brass brush like for cleaning pool/cool-deck should really help..

soundguy

/ Removing tire marks #7  
A brass brush would work great, but does not reinforce the lesson as well as a toothbrush :eek: :D

Soundguy said:
As a side thought.. a brass brush like for cleaning pool/cool-deck should really help..

soundguy

/ Removing tire marks #8  
You'll need a solvent and stiff brush to remove the rubber from brushed concrete. I would experiment with Mineral Spirits first. If that didn't work, I would try 3M adhesive remover, and then work my way through my cleaning cabinet (Acetone, Alcohol, Turpintine, Kerosene).

Help the boys find the right materials, then it's there job to clean it up....

/ Removing tire marks #9  
David Ferguson said:
You'll need a solvent and stiff brush to remove the rubber from brushed concrete. I would experiment with Mineral Spirits first. If that didn't work, I would try 3M adhesive remover, and then work my way through my cleaning cabinet (Acetone, Alcohol, Turpintine, Kerosene).

Help the boys find the right materials, then it's there job to clean it up....

I disagree it is just like trying to remove spray paint grafiti. if you put any kind of mineral based solvent on it it will soak into the pores of the concrete and be near impossible to remove. Good stiff brushes, sand blast or acid is what it takes.

/ Removing tire marks #10  
Look for someone that does soda blasting. It's the least destructive cleaning method if it will work with rubber. MikeD74T