Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

Default Re: Air compressor???

Quote Originally Posted by Bird
    Another interesting point. My compressor manual says: NOTE: The compressor is pre-filled with synthetic oil. We recommend using a good quality 10W-30 synthetic motor oil for this pump."

Now it's made by Coleman Powermate and came from Northern Tool. So I buy my compressor oil there, also. A black bottle of Coleman Powermate Air-Compressor oil; $3.95 a quart. It says on the bottle "One quart of all weather oil"; nothing anymore specific; nothing to say whether or not it's synthetic; nothing to say what viscosity it is. And Northern Tool employees don't know either. But I reckon it's good enough, and assume for that price, it should be synthetic.
    have you tried contacting coleman to ask about the oil (synthetic or not) or who bottles their oil ? Might get some info from coleman . That is , if you want to know

Quote Originally Posted by kenmac
    have you tried contacting coleman to ask about the oil (synthetic or not) or who bottles their oil ? Might get some info from coleman . That is , if you want to know
    Coleman has a website and the url is on the bottle of oil, but I had checked that and found no information about the oil. I had just figured it wasn't too important, but since you meintion it, I just looked at the bottle again there's an 800 number on it, also, so I called their "technical support" and the guy there says it's a 30W synthetic. So I didn't waste any more of his time by asking who bottles it for them or why it's not 10W-30 as the manual recommends.
    Bird

Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

Coleman has a website and the url is on the bottle of oil, but I had checked that and found no information about the oil. I had just figured it wasn't too important, but since you meintion it, I just looked at the bottle again there's an 800 number on it, also, so I called their "technical support" and the guy there says it's a 30W synthetic. So I didn't waste any more of his time by asking who bottles it for them or why it's not 10W-30 as the manual recommends.

my compressor specs. 30wt.

I'll betcha as long as you keep the right amount of reasonably clean oil in there, whether 10W-30 or straight 30W, they'll last just fine. Many years ago, before they had "compressor oil" (or at least before I ever heard of it), I used straight 30W motor oil in my compressors.
    Bird

Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

I'll betcha as long as you keep the right amount of reasonably clean oil in there, whether 10W-30 or straight 30W, they'll last just fine. Many years ago, before they had "compressor oil" (or at least before I ever heard of it), I used straight 30W motor oil in my compressors.
    I called the co that makes my compressor & asked about a multi weight oil & he said they recommend the straight 30 wt in this compressor so the oil doesn't thin out . As much as I have invested in this compressor ,I think I'll stick with 30w just incase

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123