fingerless gloves

/ fingerless gloves #1  

randy41

Veteran Member
looks like winter is settling in and my shop where i do woodworking is not heated. any recommendations for fingerless gloves that won't cost an arm and a leg (& a finger)?

/ fingerless gloves #2  
I have Youngstown gloves which work well, only the thumb and first 2 fingers of the glove are fingerless.

/ fingerless gloves #3  
This may sound too simple but how about you get the pair that you like and cut the fingers off
That was easy :D
or try a motorcycle supply
Jim

/ fingerless gloves #4  
MrJimi said:
This may sound too simple but how about you get the pair that you like and cut the fingers off
That was easy :D
or try a motorcycle supply
Jim

Now that sounds like a great idea and as stated "That was easy" :)
The Gotcha Man

/ fingerless gloves #5  
I never understood them. When does the palm of your hand ever get cold? If I can do without the fingers, I can do without the whole glove.

/ fingerless gloves #6  
I take a pair of good loose fitting warm finger gloves and slice the finger on the glove I want to be open. Then I can flap the glove back to expose a finger when necessary and get it back under cover. Useful for shooting, nut/bolt issues, picking up dropped pins, picking your nose, opening a lock, running the phone, whatever.

/ fingerless gloves
good recommendation MikePA.
i don't want to ruin whole gloves I like by cutting them up.

/ fingerless gloves
thats what i ordered but i ordered directly from youngstown equipment and they are $8.95 plus $4.95 shipping.

/ fingerless gloves #10  
cp1969 said:
I never understood them. When does the palm of your hand ever get cold? If I can do without the fingers, I can do without the whole glove.

I'm with you. Apparently certain people doing certain things in certain climates have a use for them, but I never had a use, nor can I imagine ever having a use, for fingerless gloves.