WalMart Shoplifting

/ WalMart Shoplifting #1  

Skyco

Elite Member
The wife and I were in WalMart today and noticed a guy eating chicken from a bag he picked up in the deli section. He was doing this in the middle of the produce section, which we both thought was a little crude.
Anyway we started talking about it and the wife said she sees this all the time in the grocery section of WalMart:eek:
A few minutes later I was in another part of the store and saw the same guy, I casually walked by and sure enough no deli bag in his basket:cool:
Guess he just had a free lunch, probably ditching the empty bag somewhere. I thought about notifying someone but then vaguely remembered reading where WalMart, who used to be very strict, has gone real soft on shoplifters.
When I got home I did some research and sure enough they no longer prosecute if the theft is under $25!

Report: Wal-Mart*to charge shoplifters who steal $25 or more - Jul. 13, 2006

The part that really kills me in the article is that Police in some places were complaining about having to deal with too many WalMart shoplifters:eek: Imagine that- having to do their jobs:confused:

What is this country coming to when one can steal up to $25 worth of stuff at WalMart and not be prosecuted if caught?

/ WalMart Shoplifting #3  
The part that really kills me in the article is that Police in some places were complaining about having to deal with too many WalMart shoplifters

That one really surprises me, too.:eek: Having nearly 25 years experience in law enforcement and having the opportunity to know many officers, not only from all across this country, but from many foreign countries as well, I found it quite common (in spite of what many may think) for many officers to really dislike writing traffic citations. But almost universally, they love to arrest thieves, hijackers, and burglars.

/ WalMart Shoplifting #4  
That ain't nothing, I do that all the time at the grocery store deli, I buy a half of a pound of those huge cut fried potato's and eat while I shop and pay for my empty bag with my groceries and I always get a cute smile from the cashier and they ask how they were and I tell they were great :D
Like I said, I pay for them!!
Jim
:)

/ WalMart Shoplifting #5  
Yeah, Jim, I forgot to mention that I've been known to eat a little chicken at Walmart while I was shopping. Our Walmart used to have the chicken gizzards, of which I am quite fond, but I don't think I ever finished a bag before checking out, and like you, I paid for what I got.

/ WalMart Shoplifting #6  
MrJimi said:
That ain't nothing, I do that all the time at the grocery store deli, I buy a half of a pound of those huge cut fried potato's and eat while I shop and pay for my empty bag with my groceries and I always get a cute smile from the cashier and they ask how they were and I tell they were great :D
Like I said, I pay for them!!
Jim
:)

So you're the schmuck leaving the shopping cart handles all greased up with fried chicken fat!

/ WalMart Shoplifting #7  
Wayne County Hose said:
So you're the schmuck leaving the shopping cart handles all greased up with fried chicken fat!

Who me??:D I don't eat chicken fat any more, it's bad for me, I eat fried Potatoes and they are good and they give me a napkin, They are really nice about it and I am also, I enjoy a little snack while shopping. Try it sometime
Jim
The potato eater :D

/ WalMart Shoplifting #8  
MrJimi said:
Who me??:D I don't eat chicken fat any more, it's bad for me, I eat fried Potatoes and they are good and they give me a napkin, They are really nice about it and I am also, I enjoy a little snack while shopping. Try it sometime
Jim
The potato eater :D

He-heee. You're okay Mr. Jimi. My Dad always told me to never eat on an empty stomach. That's why I have a snack first.

/ WalMart Shoplifting #9  
Wayne County Hose said:

Not me either; my wife pushes the cart.:D If she's not with me, I get my shopping done and get out; don't have time to eat in the store or even get very hungry.:D

/ WalMart Shoplifting #10  
For the very best free samples, go to Samsclub or B J's lots of good free eats
Jim