Venus and Jupiter

/ Venus and Jupiter #1  

waynokakid

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar F16D
Anybody been watching the morning sky? The two brightest planets, Venus and Jupiter, are side by side. In the southeast before the sun comes up. And they are getting closer, by Friday will only be about the width of a full moon apart.....AWESOME. So be sure and look in the Southeast before the sun rises!

/ Venus and Jupiter #3  
Yes, I saw that this morning while scraping the ice off the car. Very pretty. :)

/ Venus and Jupiter #4  
thanks for the info. i see them every morning when i'm out driving my bus and wondered who they are.

/ Venus and Jupiter #5  
Thanks, I try to keep up on whats in the night sky. I'll check it out tomorrow!

/ Venus and Jupiter #6  
O.K., thinking back to my Greek mythology, I'm not sure that (him) Jupiter getting too close to her (Venus) would harbinger all that well for us mere mortals down here on Earth. Might be too much fireworks goin' on up above us. :D :D :D

/ Venus and Jupiter #7  
For anyone that is interested in what is in the night sky, try this program...

StarCalc Home Page [English]

It is free. You can load in your lat and lon and it will show you what will be in the sky, day or night, past or present. Very cool program.

/ Venus and Jupiter
Bummer, I missed it this morning. Overcast so didn't get to see them close this am. I watched them all week tho. Tom you may be right about the Greek Mythology. Lots of fireworks going on between the politicans! That is a cool program MossRoad. I have always enjoyed watching the night sky. Guess that goes back to Boy Scout days. There is a Lunar eclipse around the 20th of this month. Something else exciting to watch.