None ................. 516 pounds .
WD-40 .............. 238 pounds .. $0.25
PB Blaster ......... 214 pounds .. $0.35
Liquid Wrench ... 127 pounds .. $0.21
Kano Kroil ........ 106 pounds .. $0.75
ATF-Acetone mix.. 53 pounds .. $0.10

The ATF-Acetone mix was a 50/50 mix (1 to 1 ratio)."

/ Penetrating oils tested #2  
I assume the poundage is force required to break whatever was tested free after using the listed product? I don't have numbers, but I know we used wd-40 and liquid wrench a lot before finding PB Blaster, and no one who ever worked here thought either one came close to PB. Can't speak for Kroil, and I would think the ATF-Acetone mix a disaster waiting to explode.

Biggest thing we found with PB when we discovered it back around '97 was that it would keep penetrating. Things we'd soak with the other two repeatedly never seemed to get any better after maybe a day. With PB if it wasn't easy, we'd spray again and let it sit overnight (when possible) and it was amazing.

/ Penetrating oils tested #3  
Wayne, we use pb blaster here, we have a can at every table.

Tha stuff is amazing:D

/ Penetrating oils tested #4  
Seems like I remember when I was in the U.S. Navy that we used wintergreen oil. The mint smell was sickening. Anybody else ever hear of that?

I like PB Blaster, but I wouldn't spray any of these over an open flame.

/ Penetrating oils tested #5  
I use PB Blaster at home with good results. I can vouch for Kano Kroil, it's the best I have used of many different brands. I think you can only buy it from Kano Labs.

/ Penetrating oils tested #6  
Not enough info there. Were there a bunch of nuts and bolts assembled and thrown outside fir a couple years then tested? Did they put these products on the threads and assemble them, then measure the breaking force? If they did the latter, of course an ATF mix would work the best.

A can of PB Blaster lasts me over a year, probably closer to 3. So, I don't care if it's $20 a can. If it will help remove the stuck bolt that no other could, it's worth it.

/ Penetrating oils tested
Unfortunatelly this is all I know. Not sure how it was tested either.

/ Penetrating oils tested #8  
I've never tried Kano Kroil because I've never seen a can of it when I'm at the store. My favorite it 3in1 Penetrating oil. I've had fair results with PB Blaster have found 3in1 to be much more effective.

WD-40 is a pretty good lubricant but not something I'd use as a penetrating oil.

Speaking of lubricating sprays, does anybody have some recomendations that they really like?

Eddie

/ Penetrating oils tested #10  
Eddie,
For lubricating sprays we buy cases of 1. chain lube, and 2. lithium spray grease. The chain lube is a little thinner, doesn't "stick" as well, but being more viscous will run into some cracks, etc. that the lithium grease won't. Spray lithium is most often used on the ball sockets on 3 pt. lift arms for us.