Arkansas tornados

/ Arkansas tornados #1  

heehaw

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900, B7510 and RTV
well, we owned our new house for 8.5 hours till a 4ft diameter oak tree fell on it an had a limb sticking thru the roof. we signed the papers at 10am the morning of the recent Arkansas tornados: if i can figure out how, i'll post a couple pictures. insurance went into affect at midnight the night before!!
the house is located on the east end of the damage, maybe 1/4 mile from the center of the real damage.
heehaw

/ Arkansas tornados #2  
That's gotta be a record, a buddy of mine around Pleasant Grove
had the ends blown out of his shop building.

/ Arkansas tornados #3  
I am so sorry to hear that, heehaw. Hope you have a contractor you like.

We bought our place a few years ago, had a deal where we had to rent-back to the sellers for a couple of weeks after closing. Somehow the insurance was not immediatly put in effect dispite numerous phone calls, and when we moved in there were signs of a party in the barn with candle stubs burned all the way to the wooden floor of the hay loft :eek: all's well that ends well :eek:

Hope you get everything put back together. Looks like a tractor project (be sure to bill your insurance going rate for those hours).

/ Arkansas tornados #4  
Wow.. insurance down here won't go into effect if there are any storm systems in the area.. glad you had insurance!

soundguy

/ Arkansas tornados #5  
That's a bummer, sorry for the loss. I saw some of the damage up close further east of ya, Ashflat, Highland area. Nasty looking to say the least.

/ Arkansas tornados #6  
Dang! You can fix the house, but you ain't never gonna be able to replace that tree in your lifetime. What a bummer!:(

Glad you are okay.:)

/ Arkansas tornados
i have to admit, i'm glad to see the tree go: way to many leaves to deal with, plus i was having a heck of a time trying to figure out where i could put the dish and get a signal..now i can set it on the ground if i want to!!
heehaw

/ Arkansas tornados
i have the house water tight now, and am waiting for a roofer to work around to me: this is my first insurance claim and i have to admit, i am really satisfied with my insurance co: the adjustor showed up within 3-4 days: looked at things and found things i never noticed and got a check last week:
compared to most, we had very little damage: that tornado was on the ground for about 125 miles:
heehaw

/ Arkansas tornados #9  
.......and, you will have firewood for the next ten years.:rolleyes:

/ Arkansas tornados #10  
Hee, considering the pics I've seen of the damages in Clinton, & the stories from my GF, you came through it not so bad. The twister passed much less than a mile behind the GF's place, just west of Shirley. No damages to her place. Anyway, just wanted to ask if you've picked up your lottery tickets yet? You're one lucky son of a gun,not so much that the insurance was in effect, but more that you've been well treated by the adjuster & company. Glad it's working out!