Marital harmony question

/ Marital harmony question #11  
I find it hard to believe a man of your education really needs to ask the question and suspect you are secretly gleaning data from these posts for the next chapter of a book on "why men are so enamoured with tractors and the lengths they will go to to get seat time."

If really in doubt, re-read the old classic "The Manipulated Male"....or, borrow a clue...the camera is likely to be the first in a longggg series of paybacks. Enjoy the ride!

/ Marital harmony question #12  
Don't feel bad. I went through the same thing with my wife. When she finally agreed that we needed a new tractor, we decided to take out a loan. She said how much do you need? I said $15,000.00. I really only needed about $12,000.00, but wanted to pad it a little to get her something nice as well.

We get to the loan office and the guy says how much of a credit line do you want? She says "$40,000.00, we're buying a tractor and a new car." /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

/ Marital harmony question
Okay, it's already started.... My wife called the office and I mistakenly shared some of the above "collective wisdom." She laughed at some of the comments, then immediately said, "Tell them the next thing I want is a treadmill...I hate using the exercise bike and it's hard to workout with (our daughter)."

This could be a more expensive tractor after all. I'm glad that I saw the help wanted sign at McDonalds.

Bill

I can only imagine how expensive that house is going to be! Don't ever let her talk to the builder alone...

Bill

Dave,

My hat goes off to you; of the replies so far, you have unequivocally demonstrated what many probably have thought but were afraid to express. You really have -----.

Not only that, she works outside the home. Don't ever let her do a search of your posts! Too funny (as my daughter says). /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Tony,

See my previous post; it's already falling short of manna from heaven!

Bill

Wasabi,

An articulate reply, but am I hearing the "it takes one to know one" syndrome being exposed? In any event, see above, the looonnnnngggg ride has already started. Still, I feel the support for this important equipment purchase.....Maybe she'll stop at the treadmill......hope springs eternal.

You're wrong about the research, though. There are similarities among TBNers, but always remember your intro statistics: correlation is not causation.

Bill

Terry,

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you...

Bill

/ Marital harmony question #19  
<font color=blue>the camera is likely to be the first in a longggg series of paybacks. Enjoy the ride! </font color=blue>

Oh yeah - Man she has $14500 up her sleeve now /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Marital harmony question #20  
Lesson for the day: Be Carefull when you share TBN with your wife!

In a moment of brainlessness I showed the beginnings of this thread to my dear one. This afternoon we looked at (and bought) my new truck/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif that I found 20 miles away through a net search after stupid local dealer quoted me 16 weeks delivery.

Afterwards, I start getting hints that payback should be a major travel trip. Well, if I can go along it won't be too bad - but to think I couldv'e gotten off easy/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif