Marital harmony question

/ Marital harmony question #1  

blurrybill

Gold Member
Tractor
JD4310 eHydro with bells and whistles
In the past, I have alluded to the fact that psychologists can't legitimately offer therapy advice to themselves, so I thought I would solicit opinions from the group.

After researching "the tractor" for 3 years, I'm ordering the 4310 eHydro + all the bells and whistles, loader with HD bucket, ADDED the 4in1 bucket, 60"mmm, boxblade, ballast box, and 60"JD tiller.

After letting my wife know that I decided to add the 4in1, she approached me with the idea of going ahead and buying a digital camera, since I added some additional equipment.

What do you think? After spending well over $25000, should I encourage her to buy a $500 camera?! Just wondering.....

Bill

/ Marital harmony question #2  
How else are you going to post pictures on TBN? It doesn't get any better - "Honey, its a stretch, but we'll get the camera". Two days later - "Can I use your camera?". You're lucky, most have to buy the tractor and then convince the other half to let a camera be added on to the package.

/ Marital harmony question #3  
Bill,

Can we say No Brainer? /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

Remember, at some point in the future, you're going to want to be able to say, "Honey, do you remember when I let you buy that digital camera? Well, I was at the tractor store today...."

You gotta cover ALL the bases /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif!

/ Marital harmony question #4  
Go for it Bill, that's a pretty cheap way to get the tractor and you'll still have some fun with it. Others of us have had to make investments in shiny metals and polished stones to get tractors, not nearly as much fun. Also, as someone else mentioned you'll be able to post photos to share with all your virtual buds. Let her take them and you can be in the shots showing your tractor finesse /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Marital harmony question #5  
Interesting, very interesting Bill.

As soon as I convinced the wife that it makes sense to break the bank and buy a little more tractor than we originally planned on..... She started asking about a new kitchen floor.

Not quite sure how I'm going to use the tractor to put in that new floor. Might have to bust out the door a bit bigger first.

Jerry

/ Marital harmony question #6  
Bill,
Tough question!
I'd think twice about encouraging her to spend!
$500 buys a lot of fuel and with the prices going up ....

/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Marital harmony question #7  
Bill...

Are you nuts!! Of course, encourage the little lady. Now, shoot for the moon... instead of the $500 camera, go for the gold.. get the biggest and bestest you can. Get a high-end Sony or Nikon.

When the CFO is in a spending mood, go with the flow. You know it will end soon. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Oh-oh... on second thought... it's a trap!! The camera is a tool to document your tractor usage. Ensure that you do what you said the tractor will do... it's a plot I tell you.... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Terry

/ Marital harmony question #8  
I gotta go with the rest of the guys on this one. If you can get a $25,000 tractor and only have to buy her a $500 camera in exchange you are way ahead of the game. The fact that you can use her new toy to take pictures of your new toy is nothing short of manna from heaven!/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Marital harmony question #9  
This is very true /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. But remember (in theory anyways) what goes around comes around... She could say "Dear can I use the tractor".

/ Marital harmony question #10  
<font color=blue>"She could say "Dear can I use the tractor".</font color=blue>

Naw, she won't be able to use it if you install the on/off switch that's illustrated in the Aint It True thread! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif