Rifle

/ Rifle #1  

tinkertoys

Bronze Member
Well I have been wanting a rifle bigger than a 22.. Today I went in to the pawn shop where I always deal, they had a 270cal remington model 710 for $300.00 out the the door. It is now in my gun safe. I shot it when I got it home, love the Bushnell scope on it.(adjustable power) So my question is was this a good price??????????????

/ Rifle #2  
   / Rifle
Thanks

It is not new but not fired much

/ Rifle #4  
My opinion which means nothing right out of the gate is if your happy thats all that matters. Figure the scope might be worth 60 bucks and rifle 240 bucks. This is an entry level rifle sold as a package at the big box stores for a llittle more than what you paid. they usually shoot well for what they are.

Brad

/ Rifle #5  
Honestly, it's not what we think, but what YOU think:D

If you get decent groups with the gun, I'd say you've gotten a good deal. Funny thing is if you found out is was worth 10k, you may not want to shoot it.

Learned a long time ago that it's not always the money in a gun, but who's pulling the trigger.

Personally think you got a great shooting caliber.

/ Rifle
Well I fired 3 rounds at about 150 yards the third round hit what I was shooting at. A rock about 6 inches in size, so I suppose it will take care of the varmits I may encounter. If you know what I mean????????????

/ Rifle #8  
The 710 is a good rifle and in my opinion, an excellent value for yor money. Remington sells much more expensive rifles, but they don't really shoot any better. If you take care of it, clean it regularly, it will last your lifetime without any problems.

I'm not a fan of Bushnell optics of any kind. They do have some commercial grade glass that's of decent quality, but with hunting optics, you realy get what you pay for. Saying that, if you are not planning a trip out of state, overseas or a once in a lifetime tag, then it should work just fine for you.

The secret to any hunting rifle and accuracy is finding the right load for the rifle. Bullet weight, bullet design, type of gun powder and the quantity of gun powder will decide how accurate it will be. Most any modern rifle is capable of sub 1 inch groups at 100 yards. The very high end, custom rifles are garanteeing half inch groups. The difference in accuracy is important to some, not so important to others.

You will easily spend more on ammo then you did on the rifle trying to find the right combination to the best accuracy. If that's not a priority, enjoy it and have fun. Some people go absolutely **** figuring that sort of stuff out. I know I did!!!

For $300, you didn't get ripped off, but it wasn't a steal either. You shouldn't have any trouble selling it for that price if you want to get rid of it, so I think you're right in the ballpark of what it's worth.

Eddie

/ Rifle #9  
I just finished looking at rifles and yours went for about $550 new with the package scope. I ended up getting a Savage in .270 and took it out for the first time this weekend. After resetting the scope, it wasn't mounted evenly in the rings and tightening the mount, it was loose in the rear; I shot a 1", 5 shot group at 100 yards and a 2" 5 shot group at 200 yards. I guess all the internet talk about Savage being accurate out of the box was right.

/ Rifle #10  
Another good plinkin' rifle... Ammo from Cabelas.