Gulp - daughter with new licence does first solo.

/ Gulp - daughter with new licence does first solo. #1  

TerryinMD

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 4100 HST
Oh well.. another right of passage. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

The oldest daughter passed her drivers test and is going on her first solo drive to a 4-H activity and shopping. It's raining and, oh well, some concern. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

Give the lecture and get the 'tude. Oh well.... /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

Now, let's see what happens.... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Terry

/ Gulp - daughter with new licence does first solo. #2  
Welcome to the club! Hope your wallet is full of money cause when those kids start driving your insurance company will be there with their hand out. Good luck, go out and do something with your tractor, it will ease your mind.

/ Gulp - daughter with new licence does first solo. #3  
When I saw the subject I thought she was working on a pilot's license. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Our daughter is only 9 but is already talking about the type of car she wants to get (fast and sporty /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif) Glad we are still 7 years away from that time in our house.

/ Gulp - daughter with new licence does first solo. #4  
Terry,
Trust in the training and upbringing you've given her, allow her some space and all will be fine. I'm amazed at how quickly my kids have matured (most of the time) and are able to take the responsibilty givien them. Of course, when the insurance bill "waddles" in (we live in New Jersey - THE HIGHEST AUTO INS. COST IN THE COUNTRY, thank you very much), I long for the godd old days of pre-school kids - but only for about half a minute.
Trust and relax, it'll work out fine.
Barry Mabery

/ Gulp - daughter with new licence does first solo. #5  
When I got my license my parents made me get my own insurance which I didn't mind. I had a job working for my father so I could save up enough for the payment every six months. My first car cost me $125 and an extra $100 to get it running properly, sold it for $500 after 2 years which paid for my $300 truck. My parents insurance never went up because I had my own policy which they appreciated as well as I so I didn't have to hear about me causing their insurance to raise. Take care.

/ Gulp - daughter with new licence does first solo. #6  
Terry,
I guess this day came quicker for you than you ever thought for /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif and its kinda strange how time passes.

Knock..Knock..who there..a boy friend..SORRY Terry couldn't resist.

/ Gulp - daughter with new licence does first solo. #7  
You have my sympathy, Terry./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif I've been there, and sure glad those times are behind me./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif And now I've got a daughter wanting me to teach my grandson to drive./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Gulp - daughter with new licence does first solo. #8  
Terry,
Been there 3 times already, last one gets her liscense this July. Still worry each time the second youngest goes out.

/ Gulp - daughter with new licence does first solo. #9  
TERRY: IT has been a few years for me since i went though that but U DO HAVE MY SYMPATHIES. AFTER YOUR FINGERS QUIT BLEEDING(from chewing your nails) go get some seat time. and don't worry soon u will have other thing to worry about. the kids make sure of that. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ Gulp - daughter with new licence does first solo.
Thanks all for the kind words and support. /w3tcompact/icons/king.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

As it turns out, everything went well - mission accomplished!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Since then, she has gone out three more times to do various things. In fact, yesterday was a very busy day for the family. Wife selling at the Garden Market and me and the youngest working our kennel clubs dog show in Harrisburg. Got home early in the evening and no one felt like cooking. "Hey Laurel, how's about running out and getting a pizza!!". Within five minutes, her and the youngest are out the door!! There are some benefits. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Terry