It's here.... it's here... it's opening!!!

/ It's here.... it's here... it's opening!!! #1  

TerryinMD

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 4100 HST
It\'s here.... it\'s here... it\'s opening!!!

Let the new thread begin!!

The TSC in Hagerstown, MD is opening on Monday! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

No advertisements as yet. Let's see what kinda deals they have.

Any breaking news in your area...

Terry

/ It's here.... it's here... it's opening!!! #2  
Re: It\'s here.... it\'s here... it\'s opening!!!

My nearest TSC is 2 hours away, ain't been there yet. Seen lynch pins in a past flyer for 15 cents so had wife who was going by there today pick me up 15 and they were only 10 cents each. Locally everyone wants a buck a piece and I lose them like crazy. She picked up a lot of horse stuff to which beats the heck out of our local prices. Maybe gonna go there once a month now.

/ It's here.... it's here... it's opening!!! #3  

Terry,
I checked with the local TSC to see when the new ones (converted Quality stores) would be open. He said in Ohio all the new ones would open at different dates but would be open by May 15th.

/ It's here.... it's here... it's opening!!! #4  

Terry,
TSC just opened in Winchester, haven't had time to check it out yet.

/ It's here.... it's here... it's opening!!!

Crown,

Is it in the same store as the defunct Quality store? It was a shame. I've visited the old store a few times and was very impressed with it. The employees and availabililty of merchandise were always great.

Terry

/ It's here.... it's here... it's opening!!! #6  

Terry/Crown:

I drove by there yesterday and they had signs in the window saying "Opening Monday". Yes, it is in the old QFF/CT store - I used to go there almost every week or so. They had loads of implements out in the parking lot but like yours in Hagerstown I've seen no advertisements or anything.

The CFO gave me the go ahead to buy a post hole digger this past weekend so maybe the TSC grand opening sale wil offer some good discounts.. (wishful thinking).

/ It's here.... it's here... it's opening!!!

WVBill,

Let me tell you a story....

Don't know if you read my thread about me asking about using either a chain harrow or disc harrow, but I finally made a decision to buy a disk harrow. Since the closest TSC to me is in Leesburg and is just a little bit out of the way on the way home from work, I took the pick-em-up truck to work on last Thursday. Wasn't a 100% sure, but I figured what the heck - need to get more equipment, I mean, I justified the usage and purchased a 6.5 foot disc harrow at the TSC. Well, I got home and the CFO was a little surprised at the purchase (especially at $499). /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

On Friday, she had to go up to Hagerstown to do some shopping and saw the sign that the store was opening on Monday. Doh!! Could have saved a couple of bucks!!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Oh well, I got it and it does a fine job on the garden. I had to have it taken apart to get it home and putting it back together was a bit of a pain. KingKutter is a little light on supplying any manuals and the fitting is not the best in the world. I put the thing together on Saturday morning working between the raindrops.

I'll see if I can sneak up there sometime this week to take advantage of any Grand Opening sales. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Terry

/ It's here.... it's here... it's opening!!! #8  

Terry:

Do you suppose - "Honey, I saved you $50 today. it was $499 - but I got it on sale!" will work on the CFO's like they expect it will on us? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

I tilled up mine and the neighbor's gardens yesterday afternoon. I was worried that Saturday's rain was going to make it too wet but the ground is like a sponge and just soaked it in. The areas where we have topsoil were perfect tilling consistency, made nice fluffy beds. The clay area just chopped up into small clods. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Did you get a chance to try out your disc?

/ It's here.... it's here... it's opening!!! #9  

WVBill,
The post hole digger at TSC is currently on sale. I got one Thursday with the blessings of my CFO.

/ It's here.... it's here... it's opening!!! #10  

Jerry, what is their sale price on the post hole digger? A local farm equipment place has Leinbach ones with 12" augers for $385 total.