Off Topic Not Fun

/ Off Topic Not Fun #1  

BMW

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3010DT
From some of the posts I can tell that a few of you guys have a contact in the miracle department and I’d like to ask for your help.

My team leader at work has an 8 year old son that had a brain tumor removed about 6 months ago. His most recent CAT scan showed another mass. They do not know what it is, so he is going in for another CAT scan tomorrow (Thursday 17 April) at 5PM EDT and if the spot is still there then they will operate on Friday at 7:30 AM EDT.

Would each of you that are inclined, please, keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayer during those times.

Thank you
Mark Beymer

/ Off Topic Not Fun #2  
This young boy and his family will be in my prayers.

/ Off Topic Not Fun
Thanks Mike,

As I sit here watching my 5 year old outside playing in the yard, I can't imagine going though that.

I think I'll sign off for now and spend some time with him.

Later
Mark

/ Off Topic Not Fun #4  
I too thank the Lord everyday for my children and their health. I see alot of the terrible things that happen to children and I can't imagine having to go through that as a parent. I will surely keep the little boy in our prayers.

/ Off Topic Not Fun #5  
<font color=blue>I think I'll sign off for now and spend some time with him.</font color=blue>
No better way to spend time than to invest it in your kids. As my oldest daughter is about to enter college this fall and my youngest enters high school, I'm reminded of the advice my older sister gave me (who didn't even have kids) after a particularly trying time, "Remember, they won't be this age again." So, whenever there was an activity at school, a riding event, etc. I always went when I was able. There were times when I had a bad day at work and all I wanted to do was vegitate in front of the TV, but I heard my sisters advice (and my wife's /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif). I was never sorry I attended the events. It's what memories are made of, even the simple activities of tossing a ball or playing basketball. While it drives my wife nuts at times, I try and live my life in such a manner so that I will never have to say, "I should have.".

/ Off Topic Not Fun #6  
Mark,

If you are so inclined, let your Team Leader know that there's another Team on his and his sons' side that is pulling for them and will do more than say a little prayer. God bless them, and make sure you let us know how everything turns out.

/ Off Topic Not Fun #8  
We will be praying for him also.

/ Off Topic Not Fun
Thanks, everyone, for all of the sentiments. I’ll pass them along and I’ll try to keep you posted the best I can.

Later
Mark