Good Neighbor?

/ Good Neighbor? #11  
Well, I lost my neighbor/friend in February to cancer. Its' tough. I helped last year with the cutting whenever needed but, she is out there on the tractor as well as her kids (they live within 20 miles). So between the three of us, that lawn will get cut this summer and it’s not all on my shoulders.

On a funny note, I was working at home last Thursday and I heard her starting the tractor. Then I started thinking, hum, I took the snow blower off for her so she could fertilize but the decks in the garage. So I look out and her she is in the middle of the lawn, trying to kick in the PTO. OK how to I fix this without embarrassing her ? So I just walk over and say “Hi, can I help ya put the deck on ?” /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif She looks down, looks at me and I said “between you and me OK /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif”

So I put the deck on, filled it up, went and got mine and we proceeded to cut the lawn with a 108” of spinning blades /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Good Neighbor? #12  
steelfan,your a good person. it's best to speak your mind and not carry the extra burdon around on your mind.. if you can help once and a while then thats the best you can do. ...tgello

/ Good Neighbor?
Thanks to all, I think I did the wrong thing by bringing it here. I talked to everyone, but the people who are in this thing. I got great help here, but my heart isn't into being a hard#@$. I'll deal with this somehow. Thanks for all the suggestions. You have all been awesome. Kent

/ Good Neighbor? #14  
My neighbor was diagnosed with Melanoma a year ago, January. He mows about 1 1/2
acres. He went thru a yr. of treatment & is doing well now. Just recently got a disablilty
pension. I mow about 8 acres (too much, I know). His wife has never been on the tractor
in the 13 yrs. we have been neighbors & I can't imagine her every mowing grass. They
don't have any children. I really don't want to get involved with his grass because with
mine, my mothers & the other obligations there isn't alot of time left in the summer. What
I really wish, is that he stays healthy & cancer free for many years. He is too nice of a
person & a great friend to be taken away so soon. (58). If mowing his grass would keep
him around, the time would be easy to find.

/ Good Neighbor? #15  
steelfan,to follow up on my comment. i said you were a good person..if you were a S.F. 49ER fan would would be a great person........only kiddin'...tgello

/ Good Neighbor?
Well I finally talked to my neighbor about the mowing yesterday. I told her, that would mow the lot next to mine for her everytime I mowed my grass. This will take me no more that 20-30 mins. Its about half of her lawn, but all open. Yesterday her son, and grandson came down, and mowed the whole lawn. She told me she didn't think , I should have to mow her lawn. She was grateful for what I did. So once again the advice I got here helped. I just needed to know that I was doing the right thing talking to her. Thanks Guys Kent

/ Good Neighbor? #17  
Yes sir,you are a fine neighbor fer sure.

happy trails.