Platinum Member

Default small farm crop insurance

Do any of you own small farms that are covered with insurance? I checked into it once here and all the agents were telling me my crops weren't a publicy traded crop so they are uninsurable. I grow alfalfa, bermuda and Tiffany for horse hay. It's only 25 acres but a good living when someone doesn't kill out my crops by careless spraying. It's happened twice now from the crop dusters being stupid and possibly again just now.

If any of you know a company that will insure crops such as mine in Texas then please let me know.

Default Re: small farm crop insurance

Even though you're in Texas, I'm pretty sure most agents can handle this type of request b/c I know that I can. If you'd like to call me, I would be more than happy to direct you in the right path. You're probably getting resistance because of a potentially low commission, but to me a customer is a customer.

Thanks
    Trevor

(405) 368-3268
    Town & Country Insurance Agency