Need Mighty Mule Help

/ Need Mighty Mule Help #1  

Tscott9330

Bronze Member
Does anyone out there in TV land have Mighty Mule Gate opener experience? I have called the company and they are about as useless as a one armed juggler.

I have been having problems lately keeping the battery charged. Seems there may be a slow bleed to ground. I have the needed 18 VAC to the control box, but the battery just will not charge. I can put in a fully charged battery in the evening and the next morning, I will only get one opening operation and then the low voltage light will flash. I have tried a new battery, but it does the same thing. Anyone got any good advice? Is there another option out there that is more reliable? Anyone know how to troubleshoot these buggers? I wish I had taken more electronics classes in college.

Thanks,
Tom

/ Need Mighty Mule Help #2  
Are you hooked up to a solar panel or to house current?
My experience with their Tech Support has been good. Sorry to hear yours was not.

/ Need Mighty Mule Help #3  
I don't know what the problemis it could be many things. If you have 120v at the gate I would just go get a cheap trickle charger and use it to charge the battery rather than the charger on the control board.

/ Need Mighty Mule Help #4  
I mailed my opener to mighty mule & they repaired it & returned it in a timely fashion 2 years ago.

It only cost 27.00

You might try that

/ Need Mighty Mule Help #5  
A friend got a new one for Christmas a couple or three years ago. It would not work the day he installed it. Tech support trouble shot it over the phone and concluded that it was wired wrong internally from the factory. They got a new one to him and made him a happy customer. He had some bug pop up in it a couple of months ago where it would work and then wouldn't. Tech support had hem send it in and he got it back in less than 2 weeks. He didn't tell me the price, but said it was cheap enough that he wouldn't mess with one himself for that kind of money.

/ Need Mighty Mule Help #6  
my master arm randomly started to over retract and get stuck every time it opens and sound the alarm. any way to fix this?

/ Need Mighty Mule Help #8  
my master arm randomly started to over retract and get stuck every time it opens and sound the alarm. any way to fix this?

Call the GTO Service Department, 800 543-1236. They have been very helpful to me over the years. It is best if you call from your cell phone while standing next to the equipment.

/ Need Mighty Mule Help #10  
I didnt see anything in the manual about cleaning and lubing- what does it say?. And I think the customer service department just reads through the same online help handouts and then if they cant solve it tell you to send it in. problem is this is the arm that is farthest fromt he box and I have the wiring going under my driveway in a conduit..would be a big pain to remove
so I ended up fooling around with it and turning the extension arm a little in and a little out, with the system ON, until I heard the box beep, which I assumed was its way of telling me that this was the point it triggers the open limit..so I made sure that in the fully open position the arm was retracted to just past that beep and not a millimeter more, and that seemed to work and now it opens without jamming itself, but that arms still retracts a lot more than the other arm (its a dual gate opener)..must be womthing with the limit switch inside thats off..