Fox go-kart from TSC

/ Fox go-kart from TSC #1  

coffeeman

Platinum Member
After the fact, but?? I bought Fox Carbide go-kart from TSC last weekend. I did it on impulse and was an upgrade for my grandson. He already has a small Fox kart and it runs good. I was wondering if anyone has had one and has any idea what we will have to look forward to in good or bad service? It has a 150cc engine and has a one gear forward and reverse.

Cheers...Coffeeman

/ Fox go-kart from TSC #2  
Sounds like fun to me.

I bought a year-old used go cart for my boy and girl (and me) about this time last year. It is a two person cart and my wife and I can (mostly) comfortably ride in it). It has a full cage and seat belts, too.

Mine has a Subaru/Robin engine. I have read some good things and some bad things about it. I've had great luck. It starts and the first or second pull everytime and runs great. The only problem I've had is finding a replacement fuel cap (my boy put in some gas and didn't tighten it, so it fell off). I finally found one, and I'm going to put it on a chain so that doesn't happen again.

The only real bad thing that has happened is the rear part of the frame (where the engine mounts) broke in 4 places due to too much hot-rodding (i.e. jumping gullys and rawhidin' too much). It cause the 60 tooth sprocket to get mis-aligned, strip a drive gear, throw the chain, etc. I finally got it all welded and re-inforced (good enough I hope; I'm a pretty bad welder). I will have to say that I'm surprised how thick the frame tubing was. I only burned through in one spot). Anyway, I got it all back straight, and it's ready to go....except when I put everything back together, I lost some pieces out of the clutch, and now I'm waiting for them to show up.

It will last a lot longer if you can get 'em to take is slow...but it's not as much fun. Good luck and take care.

/ Fox go-kart from TSC
rtimgray said:
The only problem I've had is finding a replacement fuel cap (my boy put in some gas and didn't tighten it, so it fell off). I finally found one, and I'm going to put it on a chain so that doesn't happen again.

Word of caution. At a kart track an employee of track filled gas and , by accident, left the gas cap off. A fire started by splashing out fuel and caused serious burns to a young girl. The news has caused me to realize there is danger there. Thus, I preach over and over about tightening gas cap. I know the kids are tired of hearing it.

Thought it worth mentioning.

Think safety...Coffeeman

/ Fox go-kart from TSC #4  
That's why I bought a new one and put it on. The old "shop rag gas can cap" didn't keep the fuel in good enough!

/ Fox go-kart from TSC #5  
I bought one from TSC about two years ago and it has run great. The only problems I've had were alot of bolts loosening up/falling off. I'm not sure if they get assembled at the factory or the store but I had locktite every bolt on it to keep it together. It would have been easier if it just came as a kit and I would but it together right from the start.

/ Fox go-kart from TSC #6  
I bought a Fox Fun Kart 150cc engine 2 years ago. I purchased it at a local TSC store for about $2800.00 dollars. I bought it for my kids at Christmas time as we just moved into the country on some fair sized land. I assembled the unit in March. I filled up the gas, checked the oil, tire pressure, etc. Everything was good to go, but the go-kart failed to start. After contacting the manufacture for the one year warranty, I was told to take it to a local garage that fixed them under warranty, if it is indeed covered...they were questioning me. It was now only 4 months old. Long story short, after hiring a lawyer and taking legal action.....and sueing them, they settled out of court for a little over $1000.00 dollars. The cost to fix the repair (new carburetor) was $530.00 dollars. The head ache and crap I got from them was not worth it. I DON'T recommend anyone to purchase a Go-Kart from Fox inc, which is based out of the states.

Very disappointed customer.

/ Fox go-kart from TSC #7  
Boy Sewar, If you woulda just joined TBN before you bought, we coulda saved you the trouble.