Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Default NH F&G

Well it seems our New Hampshire Fish an Game playing god sort of speaking. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif[/img]

After many hours of meeting NH F&G decide fewer permits for the up coming moose season,also more new rules for the up coming deer season..I'm not saying there bad rules..but it sure seems to me there playing god in deciding how much wildlife shall live and die...I do believe the wildlife was here long before the humans started to walk. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif[/img]

Maybe the NH F&G has forgot New Hampshire state motto..Live free or Die..also maybe the law makers should take a good look at the human race and practice what they preach.

Time for another cup and feed the wildlife.

Tractor
    New Holland TC35D w/ 16LA FEL

Default Re: NH F&G

Thomas,
    I remember many years ago while at one of our local sportsmans club meetings, our speaker of the night was a NH Fish & Game officer. One of the things he said put all of us into laughter. It seemed that the F&G knew how many Turkeys the state had right down to the number. But they had no idea how many Moose we had in the state.
    Now, not that either one would be easy to count, but a person would think that a bunch of BIG Moose would be easier to keep track of than a bunch of LITTLE turkeys. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif[/img]
    I also remember talking to a state representative who was from our town (many years ago). He told us he had toured the F&G office building and while there he was introduced to a man who job, was to basically sit in his office all day and just read various NH newspapers, and various other publications etc. looking for any bad plublicity pertaining to the NH F&G.
    Why would they be concerned about bad plublicity ?
    Unless they had a guilty Conscience !!

Tractor
    Kubota L5030HSTC, Farmall SuperC

Default Re: NH F&G

<font color=blue>I do believe the wildlife was here long before the humans started to walk. </font color=blue>

There were far more animals and far less humans back then. F&amp;G's onerous task is to manage the herd to specific parameters. Sometimes it is for public sport and somtimes for health. Youve gotta remember that even with the fall in the number of hunters there are still a lot of them out there. I've seen areas where the herd has gotten too big and the damage is incredible. Personally, I would favor open season on anyone that feeds deer - talk about messing with nature.

Now as for the way Fish &amp; Game manages fish - don't get me started[img]/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif[/img]