Walmart, what a pain

/ Walmart, what a pain #1  

Mosey

Veteran Member
Tractor
2000 New Holland TC29D with 7308 FEL, and top & tilt. 1950 John Deere B. 1940 Farmall A.
Walmart is getting more and more irritating to deal with. As much money as they are raking in, it really grinds me that they won't hire more "associates" and train them better. Their slogan "It's out people" (or something like that) really cracks me up! I can never find an "associate" when I need one and when I do they don't know and don't care half the time. Walmart makes so much money they could easily afford more help and pay them better and still make more money than they know what to do with. They’re prices are great, but it’s a very frustrating place to shop.

/ Walmart, what a pain #2  
I have a copy of an article from Information week, The Customer Is Always Right. There is some interesting info in it regarding Wal-mart, but it is so long, I started a different thread. For those who wish to view it, <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=off&Number=139741&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=>click here</A>.

/ Walmart, what a pain #3  
<font color=blue>They’re prices are great, but it’s a very frustrating place to shop.</font color=blue>

Amen to that. I hate to go to Wal-Mart and avoid it whenever possible! If I just need a couple of quarts of oil or some duct tape (man's 2nd best friend) I go to K-Mart.

Bad news! Our K-Mart is closing the last of May.

TBone

/ Walmart, what a pain #4  
I stopped shopping at K-Mart based on some of their "political stances" a while back. Sorry them going out of business is an inconvenience for you /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif and feel bad for the employees /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif and stockholders /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif as well, but have to admit, I'm not sorry the company is having issues since they went the political route they did...

/ Walmart, what a pain
RanchMan - OK, you've got me curious, what "political route" are you referring to?

/ Walmart, what a pain #6  
I guess this varies around the country. Our Wal-Mart has some good people working there. No Rhodes Scholars but friendly helpful folks. No bad experiences. I even bought a $1400 riding mower there that I had to put in the shop twice in the first three months for repairs. I complained to the manager and he agreed it was not appropriate so he gave me a brand new mower. I drove it away while the first one was still sitting in the shop! Maybe the store manager is the guy who really is responsible for the workforce doing a good job.

/ Walmart, what a pain
I’m sure the managers make a big difference. We got some turkeys using some coupons last night and the lady had a problem with how to ring it up. We spent 5 minutes messing with it and then a co-worker came to help. He spent 5 minutes figuring it out and then just needed a manager to OK it. When the manager got there, we had to spend another 5 minutes explaining it to her before she would OK it.

Another thing that gripes me is the way they put their bar code tags right in the middle of things and they’re a real pain to get off without leaving a mess on the thing. It’s almost like they try to pick the most annoying spot to put it.

/ Walmart, what a pain #8  
<font color=blue>duct tape (man's 2nd best friend)</font color=blue>

Super Glue is 1st, right........ /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Walmart, what a pain #9  
IT'S not only wal mart my friend. seems like all the stores say the customer comes first, when in relaitly you come first only if u aggree with their policy. we had to go to TARGET TO RETURN SOME ITEMS MY 11 MO. OLD GRAND SON GOT FOR GIFTS.1) outfit (too small) 2) video(duplicate) 3) toy(duplicate). did not have receipts, but no problem. only thing i did not like was u had to take the same type items, in other words we had to take 1 outfit, 1 video and 1 toy. whtat is the diff? if we were spending the money in that store we should have been able to buy anything.