Sales Tax

/ Sales Tax #1  

CSAW

Silver Member
Tractor
tc-35 fwd 16la fel,hd bucket, folding ROPS, Deluxe hitch
<font color=red>I got 10%off plus no sales tax on farm related equipment= 18.25%off, not a bad deal. <font color=black>

Just saw this on another thread and it made me wonder. 8.25% sales tax? I have been complaining about ours just goin from 6 to 6.5. (Volusia county Fl.)

What kind of sales tax rates are out there, and where? Any higher than the 8.25?/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif WOW

/ Sales Tax #2  
Where I'm living now (S.F. East Bay) the state and local sales taxes come to 8.25%. Across the bay, in San Francisco County I believe it's 8.50%. /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

The feds are trying to crack down on it, but I still shop out of state via the internet as much as possible, just to beat the taxes.
wink.gif

/ Sales Tax #4  
Here in NY state it depends on which county you are in. Its 7% here at my antique shop and 8% in the next county over where I live. Guess where I do most of my major shopping!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Sales Tax #5  
<font color=blue>Yep, 8.25% is what we pay.</font color=blue>

Bird, if I'm not mistaken, Texas doesn't have a state income tax does it ? That would explain the higher sales tax. California, on the other hand, taxes the crap out of you anyway they can. I remember paying around $250 dollars to registrate my pickup out there, just because it was a newer model. When I came back to PA it cost me about $30 for registration. We pay 6% sales tax here in Greene county, but in Allegheny county, I believe it is 7.5%.

/ Sales Tax #6  
States that have no income tax, like Texas and Florida, typically have high sales taxes and other forms of high taxes. Some states have high everything, like New York, California, Massachusetts and Connecticut...........Now that Harv given advice on internet sales taxation, I have been emboldened to publish soon an explanation of bicubic interpolation of jpegtiff HTML holographic signature images.

/ Sales Tax #7  
<font color=blue>Bird, if I'm not mistaken, Texas doesn't have a state income tax does it ?</font color=blue>

You are correct sir...

/ Sales Tax #8  
New Hampshire doesn't have a sale tax ..yet,but boy the soak you in other ways..mostly land tax. /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif

/ Sales Tax #9  
Hold your breath for this...17.5%, yes that's correct 17.5%. Over here it's called VAT (Value Added Tax) but I have yet to find out what value has been added /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif.

/ Sales Tax #10  
Harv
In Michigan we pay 6% sales tax. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif We pay state income tax. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif There is a line item to report any out of state transactions over the Internet. Then send in that money with your income tax payment. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif