Who's got the LEAST acreage?

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage? #11  
Re: Who\'s got the LEAST acreage?

When I was looking at tractors (six months of shopping) every dealer asked me the same question. "How many acres do you have"?. I have never quite understood this question. I bought a tractor (NH TC30) that can do the jobs that I want to do regardless of the size of property that I have. FEL work, snow removal on 400 ft drive, rototilling, landscaping, rock hauling, post hole drilling. I have 2.5 acres and I think I got just the right size tractor.
Jerry

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage? #12  

I think I am right there with RobS on the least amount of acreage - I am on about 1/2 of an acre, with a BX2200. Sure, it is too much for the property, but it is a lot of fun!

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage? #13  

This reminds me of the John Deere commercial a few years ago. It went something like this, the best I remember.

It was a huge JD with a bat wing mower in a front yard that was about 20x20. It stated that you could mow the whole yard in 3 seconds, and they showed you.

It was pretty good. Did anyone else see it?

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage? #14  

I didn't see that one, but when we were shopping around I showed my wife one of the bi JD's (can't remember which ne now - the largest I could find on their site) and told her that with that thig we could get a rear mower and just lower it onto the grass - one step mowing for the entire lawn! Ended up with the 'Bota instead - takes me 5 passes around the circle to mow the front yard.

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage? #15  

I don't recall that particular one, but there was a commercial on for Scotts mowers where a guy drove about a 20hp 54" lawn tractor down the steps of his apartment building to mow what looked like about a 3x10ft piece of grass between the sidewalk and the street. Pretty funny.

Chris

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage? #16  

Actually, the only time the B2710 runs on my massive acreage (.24) is when I change impliments and load the machine on the trailer for a landscaping job. The tractor is so small it turns well in the side yards of the jobs we specialize in. When we get a job on a larger lot it's fun to wheel it around. I spend a lot of time turning and not much going forward.

Kevin

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage? #17  

I use my B2910 on 2/3 acre. I use it for digging, post hole drilling and snow removal mainly (though not this winter)...oh and it makes a great wheelbarrow. Funny thing dirt, rocks and snow weigh just as much on 2/3 of an acre as on 200! I do wish I had a bit more space at times as it would be nice to use the High range on the transmission once in a while. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I've also used it for a whole bunch of miscellaneous jobs I never thought of before I bought it.

Oh, and it might only be 2/3 of an acre, but it's a "deep" 2/3 of an acre.

~Rick

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage? #18  

I have a 100' x 138' lot with an 80' x 32' house, 12' x 16' yard barn. and a12'x 26' shed on it. I have aB7500HST w/fel, 2 448 case and a 646 w/fel. Am I overloaded on tractors?

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage? #19  

I remember the one where the guy lived in the city. He drove his JD tractor down the front steps, mowed about 4 feet of curb, then drove back up the steps.

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage? #20  

You can NEVER have too many tractors. Just don't line them all up for your wife to see!