Who's got the LEAST acreage?

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage? #1  

hosejockey2002

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK20 HST
Who\'s got the LEAST acreage?

So, now we know who is the biggest land baron, so who has the LEAST acreage and uses what can be termed a farm tractor? I'm probably going to start a debate on what comprises a tractor, but for the sake of consistancy let's say that it must have factory installed hydraulics. That said, I use my little YM 1401D on just 2/3 acre. I bought it for landscaping but it's amazing the uses that come up for it. Of course, it can't wait to go to my dad's 80 acres in Montana so it can play with his JD 850 and Case 580B.

Roy Smith

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage? #2  
Re: Who\'s got the LEAST acreage?

I just moved out here from AZ where they measure your lot in square feet as opposed to fractions of an acre. My first house out there had a 22 foot back yard and mine was one of the larger ones in that sub. Now I'm on 2.25 acres and I feel like a king! And yes, my B7500 is too big for what I got......but so is my F350 turbo diesel long bed crew cab that has only seen one trailer in 4 years./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Jeff

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage? #3  

hosejockey,
you beat me on the least acreage. I have one acre more than you, at 1.67 ac. My YM1700 fits just right here. Please do let the 1401 play with the bigger boys. My neighbor came riding over yesterday on his MF 231. He let me disc the garden with it /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. although I think the Yanmar was pouting sitting under the tree all alone, while I played with the 231.

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage? #4  

Not sure if this will count, but my tractor sits with us on our subdivision lot at about 1/2 acre. Sure I use it here, giving rides, FEL fun and such. I'll gladly relenquish the title though as we move to our "real" tractor property later this summer /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage? #5  

Well, the place where I live is barely more than 1/4 acre.

I suppose I'll have to disqualify myself, though, 'cuz the biggest tractor we have here says TONKA all over it. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage?

Yeah, right now my 1401D is the big kid on the block. His only competition is the 9 hp Yard Bug riding mower. The Case 580B might give him a complex or something. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage? #7  

.24 acre.

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage? #8  

You use a 2710 on .24 acres? Man, that must have been some sales pitch to the CFO!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Jeff

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage? #9  

Well..if we are sticking to the letter of the law, then we have about 1.25 acres..seems that most if it is made up of our driveway that snakes through the woods to give us our legally required 25' of frontage on a county road to build the house. That said..the rest of my postage stamp land is house, surrounded by septic field and back patio..that's about it. I have Brutus, 90 turbocharged hp industrial backhoe/loader, digging depth 15 1/2 feet.

Given our land is in middle of father in laws 250 acres maybe I'm a cheater? /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

But as per the technical question asked, I'll bet I have the most "upside down" ratio of land to hp. (Why..I can barely turn around in yard without having to backup & jocky around. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Who's got the LEAST acreage?

Yep, you have me beat by a long shot in the "HP per square foot department" /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif