Strange phenomena

/ Strange phenomena #21  
Neil,
Yes the baby made it but the mother died. We tryed for 24 hours to save her but she had torn her uterus and had infection throughout her whole body. There was just nothing more we could do and so we had to put her down to end her suffering. No way she would have ever pulled out of it. It's been tough. We are having to nurse the baby every 2 hours. Finally found a nurse mare last night but we are having a heck of a time getting the nurse mare to accept the foal.

/ Strange phenomena #22  
I have seen a man walk on water. My friend is deathly afraid of snakes. We were trought fishing in a local stream one day, when all of a sudden, my friend's feet lifted 2 feet out of the water, and he proceced to run on top of the water to the bank. When I asked him what had happened, he said "Didn't you see that [censored] water snake ?"

/ Strange phenomena #23  
DozerNut,

This did not happen to me thank goodness....

I was talking with a friend this weekend while working a charity event.
Somehow we got to talking about listening to the "man on your shoulder."
He was working as a deputy in SC years ago. His daughter was an infant.
He was getting his uniform and gear ready to go in to work. It was New
Years or New Years eve, I forgot which, and he had always worked that
day/night. Suddenly he had a thought to stay home. He put his gear
and uniform up. He stayed home.

Now as an aside you have to understand this man a bit. Right now he
works his day job as a manger at a large company and is responsible
for a budget that is in the tens of millions of dollars. He has volunteered
his time for years as an unpaid POlice officer in a local city. He now is
the Colonel in charge of the reserves. He puts in at least 300 hours a year
doing this. As if this is not enought he is also the POlice Chief of a
small town. The town has a couple of full time officers with the rest
being part time. Remember he has a day job as well. The night I was
working with him he had been up over 24 hours because he suddenly
got called into his "real" job. I was working with him a few years ago
and he was late. He eventually got there but a women had hit the car
he was driving in head on. He saw the accident coming so he was able
to slow down before the collision. He showed up to the event prior to
going to the hospital to let us know why he was not on time.....

That little biography is important because this man is not a shirker in any
way. So when "the little man" said stay home it must have been a pretty
loud voice. This guy takes his commentment seriously.....

So, he stays home. He goes to the living room where the infant is playing
on the floor. She is sitting up being a baby. The next thing he knows she
is face down on the floor and not breathing. He does CPR and brings her
back. His Wife is going bonkers. She gets on the phone to the doc. The baby
goes out again. Dad brings her back. Doc says get her to the ER and I'll
meet you there. Dad has to get his wife under control in case the kid
goes out on the way to the hospital. On the way, can you guess? The kid
goes out a third time. Dad brings her back.

The child was in the hospital for 10 days. Eventually the doctors said it was
some kind of virus. The childs immune system would handle the virus or she
would die. How's that for a new years gift? /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif The child is fine and never
has another episode....

If he had gone to work his little baby would have died. But he heard the little
man and listened.....

Lesson Learned. Listen to Da Man. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Later...
Dan

/ Strange phenomena #24  
Nothing wierd just a rerun dreams...While stationed in Norfolk I'd ocassionally dream about this Spainish styled sidewalk all mosaic and tiled and miles long.I'd be walking along with what felt like friends,(but poeple I didn't know),sipping a cold one. Finally a about a yr or so later I found it and the friends.(It was one those Day-SHA-VOO feelings).
The friends where on my new ship out of Charleston SC and the sidewalk.Well I found it in of all places Spain....

/ Strange phenomena #25  
When used to refer to racoon hunting, it is not derogatory.

It IS a very derogatory remark in this country when made towards African Americans.

I remember one of my distant cousins using that term in a derogatory nature at a family gathering when he was having a conversation with me. He was in his 30s and I was only 6 or 7 years old. I also remember my mother slapping his face very hard. I don't remember him being at any more family gatherings after that.

/ Strange phenomena #26  
Perhaps the most inexplicable thing I can remember happening to me personally involved a very late road trip a few years ago. I was driving most of the night to avoid staying away from home another night, and about 3 in the morning I came instantly to my senses after having dozed off at the wheel. The car was already mostly off the road and on a narrow shoulder headed toward a deep heavily wooded gully. I barely managed to get the car back on the road without ending up in the gully. But the thing that was so strange was that the reason I had awoken suddenly was that my cell phone was ringing. I answered it but no one said anything. It was an active line, or sounded like one, but no one said a word. I thought at first that I'd just imagined the call in the panic of waking up suddenly, or something like that. But, while sitting on the side of the road, collecting my nerves, I checked the phone's incoming calls list and, sure enough, it was there (and it was also on the monthly statement, listed as a 1 minute incoming call from an unknown number) - the caller ID didn't register a number, either. I asked my wife later if she woke up and tried to call me and it wasn't her, and no other even remotely likely possibilities panned out, either. But it sure was an opportune time for a wrong number. And, if that's really what it was, "wrong number" is definitely the last thing I'd call it - it sure turned out to be the right number for me. And I didn't have any trouble staying awake the rest of the way home, either...

/ Strange phenomena #27  
About 12 years ago my wife(girlfriend then), got our first apartment together. It was a small place with a living room, kitchen, and a short hallway leading to the one bedroom. A lot of times I felt that someone was watching me from the hallway off to the right of the tv. Everytime I looked I didn't see anything. I would even pretend someone was there and talk to it. This would happen if even if I knew she was sleeping, or I was home alone. I never told my wife about it since she belives in alot of that hokey stuff. Well, several months after we had found a house and moved out, she mentions to me about how she always felt that someone was watching her from that hallway, and that she thought the apartment was haunted! She mentioned that she hated when I went bowling and left alone for that reason. I confessed to her that I had the same experience. We've since moved to a 2nd house, and I've never had that feeling since the apartment.

/ Strange phenomena #28  
About 11 years ago or so when I was a volunteer firefighter, I was lying in bed on a hot summer night with the window open, trying to sleep. I started having paranoid thoughts about someone outside trying to shoot at me. A few minutes went by. Suddenly I heard gunshots echoing through the clear summer air./w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I knew they were too far away to be directed at me, but I got up and started to get dressed because I knew I was going to a shooting. As I reached for my shoes, my pager went off. Sure enough, I was being sent to a gunshot victim about six blocks from my house. Fortunately for the victim his injuries were minor, but it was something I'll definitely never forget.

/ Strange phenomena #29  
Ok, I will tell you guys this because I know you wont be seeing me around town thinking I am the Wacko. About 15 years ago, I was a teenager running around the woods in north Idaho with our 4x4's partying, we stopped at a little meadow , there was a little mud trench that was there from other 4x4's, the meadow was a natural one about 200 yards by 100 yards wide, it was right at dusk and we were having a good time. I was sitting on my truck talking and noticing this large black rock as I was talking to my friends, about 20min. went by and I did'nt see it but the rock had switched locations by about 20 feet, It got my attention right away and I let them talk for about another 5 min. I knew they were talking but I was'nt hearing a word, then I saw it move, it shifted as if a person were in a fetal position except balencing on thier feet and with thier arms around the outside of thier legs in a crouch. At this time my hair was allready up and when I saw it move I was shaking ,I almost yelled but in a wisper to my friends look there- it's moving, they did'nt know what I was talking about and when they saw my tone they all payed attention, a few seconds after I told them I hopped off my truck and tried to get closer or at least reposition myself for a better look, I took a few steps and this thing stood up and ran away , almost a fast walk , it covered groung quickly- as I am writing this I am shaking- This was huge, way bigger than me or any of us and it was black, at least in that light ,it kind of walked/ran into the woods line ,we all saw it and at that moment did'nt say anything to each other except cuss words each of us running to our trucks and the trucks of who we came with, there were 7 of us and three of us had guns with us , all of us were hunters for years , nobody even mentioned going after it, we were so scared. We met about 3 miles up the road to talk about it, having seen and hunted in this erea all our lives the only thing it could be was bigfoot, it walked like a human and was enormous , think of the biggest person you have ever seen and thats what it looked like except larger in bulk. We have talked since then and the feeling is fading, we don't tell too many people anymore but in rational thought now we all agree on one thing , - it- was watching us.

/ Strange phenomena #30  
Good stories, one and all!

About 10 years ago, my mother started complaining about dreaming that someone was pounding on her door and screaming in the middle of the night. This went on for several months and each time seemed so real that she would get out of bed and check both doors before trying to go back to sleep. Finally, tired of losing sleep, she quit getting out of bed upon awakening.

Then one night, the house across the street burned down, killing a man and several children who were home at the time. The lady of the house claimed she came home at around midnight to find the house in flames and pounded on every door in the neighborhood trying to get help.

Mom didn't have the dream that night or any night thereafter, and didn't even know the house had burned until she saw the fire trucks next morning. The really strange thing is: without her hearing aids, Mom's pretty much stone deaf.

Oh, by the way, the lady who lived in the burned house was later arrested and tried for Arson/murder, convicted too, if I recall right.

SHF