Google Chrome

/ Google Chrome #1  

dgl24087

Veteran Member
Tractor
1975 John Deere 1530
Is anyone using the new browser from Google? I downloaded it today, seems to be a good bit faster than Explorer.

/ Google Chrome #2  
I downloaded on Tuesday evening when it first came out. I now have it on the two desktops and laptop.

It seems to work just fine with 90% of the sites I have visited. Some sites have had functionality issues, but I think these would be ones where web page coding may not comply with standards, sites for kids games etc.

On a functional aspect it does seem to be quicker than Firefox or Explorer. I've noticed sometimes it is slow to recognise a right click for a new tab and there have been several "halts" which continue after a few seconds. Then again it is a first release Beta.

Overall I'm impressed. I like the minimalist look. Also something I like is the ability to pull web applications onto the desktop and leave them there as icons. I currently have Google mail and Google Calendar as desktop icons. Now can access them directly without a broser interface as if they were applications on the PC instead of the "cloud"

/ Google Chrome #3  
i dl'd it and i agree that its faster than IE or Firefox. But it didn't pick up my sign in names/passwords for some places and I don't remember them so I went back to using firefix.

/ Google Chrome #4  
MY buddies and I are leery of Chrome.... yes, it's got a shiny name, but am not sure I want it....

Here is a :eek:...eek... about it
Google Chrome — eek. Koitsu’s Weblog

also, item 2 under the terms and conditions says it can do anything it wants to regarding watching you and your surfing and you can't do anything about it...

I don't think it's for me... I use FIREFOX and am happy with it.

/ Google Chrome #5  
I am watching and waiting. I almost always wait until version 1.1 of new software before I do anything more than a quick exploration of it.

Vernon

/ Google Chrome #6  
also, item 2 under the terms and conditions says it can do anything it wants to regarding watching you and your surfing and you can't do anything about it...
they changed that today, dunno how that one got by the legal department...
I don't think it's for me... I use FIREFOX and am happy with it.
right now I think I agree with you, I have played with it, but I am on a laggy wireless connection to DSL and it seemed to take too long... not as snappy as FF3.0 (on a 1.8 Athalon w/1gb of RAM running XP Pro SP3)
also I like Adblock plus on FF too much to switch until there is a comparable add on for chrome.

Aaron Z

/ Google Chrome #8  
I had downloaded the latest version of firefox and it slowed my surfing down big time. I had been using firefox a good while and liked it. Went back to IE and remembered why I left it before. Always locking up my computer. Downloaded Chrome and am happy so far.Fast.

/ Google Chrome #9  
i am starting to use chrome exclusively...it is much faster than Firefox.

/ Google Chrome #10  
Chrome will not work with my online bank. But I do think it is a little faster and I like the simple layout.