Took the PE exam.....and got a new job.

/ Took the PE exam.....and got a new job. #1  

Jarrett

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130DT
I finally took the professional engineering exam on Friday to be able to get my professional engineering license. I'm hoping to find out around Christmas if I passed. If not I'll be hitting the books again to take it in April. I think I did OK on it. I did have to make some guesses there at the end. I hope I pass so I don't have top sit there another 8 hours.

I got a new job. It's just a coincidence that it came at the same time as me taking the PE. I'll finally be doing some real mechanical engineering instead of the civil/roadway BS I've been doing. The name of the place is Fisher Manufacturing Services. It's a small "mom & pop" machine shop, but they have a bunch of CNC machinery. They're planning to build a 2nd building and buy a 5-axis machining center. I can't wait to start. I start on November 17. I'll mostly be working in the shop at first, then I'll be doing all the CAD stuff. He's going to be buying a new CAD package, either Solidworks or AutoCad Inventor. I hope he goes with Solidworks, I love that program.

/ Took the PE exam.....and got a new job. #2  
Well I hope you the best in finding out the results. I just took my LSIT (Land Surveyor in Training) exam and plan on taking the FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) exam in the spring. Then I can do more of that Civil Engineering BS instead of boundary surveying BS. :D

Good luck with your new job too! :cool:

/ Took the PE exam.....and got a new job. #3  
Here I was, thinking you had gone and become a gym teacher :) Congrats on your job and hope you did well on your test! Working in a machine shop is a dream come true for many of us - at least those who haven't done it I'm sure. :eek:

/ Took the PE exam.....and got a new job. #4  
Congrats, I was "suppose" to be there also, but one thing lead to another and I still haven't got all my references in yet.. haha One of these days I'll make it there. How was the test? I'm also a ME graduated from UL. I've worked with Microstation, Autocad and Solidworks. Nothing like wowing your boss and coworkers with solidworks!! haha

/ Took the PE exam.....and got a new job. #5  
Con grats! Looks like the future awaits you:)

/ Took the PE exam.....and got a new job.
Congrats, I was "suppose" to be there also, but one thing lead to another and I still haven't got all my references in yet.. haha One of these days I'll make it there. How was the test? I'm also a ME graduated from UL. I've worked with Microstation, Autocad and Solidworks. Nothing like wowing your boss and coworkers with solidworks!! haha
Thanks Everyone!

The test wasn't as bad as I was expecting. The HVAC, thermo, & fluids problems were pretty tough for me. Those are the ones I wasn't very confident in my answers. I never really cared for those subjects in school either. I preferred the mechanics stuff. I'm really confident that the questions that I truly worked out and answered are correct. I'm unsure if I answered enough of those to pass.

I started out using AutoCAD back in high school & college, then went to Microstation when I got hired on with DOTD, and now I'm going to have to go back to AutoCAD in my new job. I didn't like Microstation at first, simply because I was used to Autocad. Now that I'm used to it, I feel they both good, just in different ways. I think Microstation does some things better than Autocad, but Autocad may do other things better. I haven't used Solidworks much since college ('02), so I hope to get back into it. I'll also be working with Gibbscam since that's what they use for the programs at the new job.

/ Took the PE exam.....and got a new job. #7  
Congrats Jarrett! I took the EIT when I was still in school but never got around to the PE. It's not terribly important in the auto industry. Sounds like a fun job, be sure to enjoy it!

/ Took the PE exam.....and got a new job. #8  
Congrats Jarrett! I took the EIT when I was still in school but never got around to the PE. It's not terribly important in the auto industry. Sounds like a fun job, be sure to enjoy it!

Rob,

When I took the EIT (which stands for "Engineer in Training" for those of you not in the field) my coworkers told me that EIT stands for "Engineer in Theory" and "Engineer in Trouble"!

John

/ Took the PE exam.....and got a new job. #9  
Who is going to fix all the roads and bridges if you take the fun way out and go to a machine shop?
David from jax

/ Took the PE exam.....and got a new job.
I finally took the professional engineering exam on Friday to be able to get my professional engineering license. I'm hoping to find out around Christmas if I passed. If not I'll be hitting the books again to take it in April. I think I did OK on it. I did have to make some guesses there at the end. I hope I pass so I don't have top sit there another 8 hours.
I PASSED!!! I got the results this morning. I can't believe I passed. I'm so excited.