Mow lawn and post on TBN at the same time!

/ Mow lawn and post on TBN at the same time! #1  

Andyfr

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2150HSDB 4WD
I just came across this lawn mower /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif on the web. It has wireless access to the Internet so you could post in real time as you mowed /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif. It is called the Zero and it cuts the grass with laser /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://zzz.com.ru/86.html> Link to site </A>

I thought it was a joke at first. Maybe you guys have heard of it already as it looks like it has been around for about a year.

/ Mow lawn and post on TBN at the same time! #2  
Very cool /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif I assume it comes with a cupholder and are those tires loaded?

86num1.jpg

/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Mow lawn and post on TBN at the same time! #3  
Do you think there's fender clearance for Michelin X-27 Ag tires?

/ Mow lawn and post on TBN at the same time! #4  
Gee, it looks like the kind of cars they want us all to be drivin' in the states.

Jeff

/ Mow lawn and post on TBN at the same time!
Don't know about that but the ROPS looks pretty good and the seats.../w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif.

/ Mow lawn and post on TBN at the same time! #7  
<font color=blue>Gee, it looks like the kind of cars they want us all to be drivin' in the states.</font color=blue>

Actually wish that the "Smart" cars, the frame this "lawnmower" is built on, were offered in the states. With a fuel effiency of over 70 mpg it would be great for around town. These cars are small enough that in many people park these perpendicular to the curb in "parallel" parking spots. Very interesting engineering in the frame.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.smart.com/>Smart</A>

Attachments

• 6-146643-SmartBlue.bmp
    104.8 KB · Views: 77
   / Mow lawn and post on TBN at the same time! #8  
It would make a great city dwellers car for sure. But you sure wouldn't get me on any main roads with it. Too much of a size disparity for my taste. When the talk of downsizing the tractor trailer crowd starts instead of trying to get hauling triples legalized I may change my mind./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I don't think that will ever happen though.

Jeff

/ Mow lawn and post on TBN at the same time! #9  
I'd admit that the size disparity is rather significant and makes safety a major concern. Europe has embraced the smaller cars for years while we americans have had our love affair with trucks and suvs.

These little "Smart" car frames seem to be very resilient and appear to make them "bounce" off objects well in a collision but am concerned that at highway speeds they might just be crushed when they encounter a typical american suv/truck not to mention large tractor trailers. If U.S. gas prices were to climb to the equivalent of what europeans pay then we might be more willing to make the move to smaller, more efficient cars. Until then this would just be a fancy, high speed golf-cart. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

These "Smart" cars are not known for their performance characteristics. They should borrow the line from the old VW bug ads of yesteryear: 0-60, yes.

(0-62 mph or 100kph is 18.9 seconds /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif).

/ Mow lawn and post on TBN at the same time! #10  
THEY GOT TO BE KIDDING RIGHT? seems like some folks have way too much time and money on their hands./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif