generlink, anyone used one?

/ generlink, anyone used one? #52  
And how much do you think it actually costs to make a Generlink? My guess is $50 tops, less if off shored.

I suspect the utility companies are taking advantage here.

Legal fees, engineering fees, federal, state and local taxes, payroll, employee holidays and benefits, advertising, retail markup etc. The materials and manufacturing costs are often the lowest expense in a product.

/ generlink, anyone used one? #53  
Same deal as MikeInEburg, I'm in Washington Co, MD. called Allegany Power today and was advised they had no home generator program. I needed their inspection and power cut-off, a Licensed Electrician to install, their second inspection and if they approve, they turn the power back on. For years I have been using a pigtail out of the 200 amp breaker box. I shut off the main breaker, shut off all breakers, hook up the Gen line and start the generator, then flip the pre-marked breakers I want to activate. This system has worked well for many years, will probably stick with it.

Illegal and hazardous.

/ generlink, anyone used one? #54  
Legal fees, engineering fees, federal, state and local taxes, payroll, employee holidays and benefits, advertising, retail markup etc. The materials and manufacturing costs are often the lowest expense in a product.
So you are picking back up an argument from half a year ago?:laughing:

/ generlink, anyone used one? #55  
Must be bored. Lol

/ generlink, anyone used one? #56  
So you are picking back up an argument from half a year ago?:laughing:

Accidentally yes. I was searching for a US Generlink dealer instead of paying the unholy cost of a Generalink here. When the TBN conversation popped up and I started answering without remembering the post . I hope that you were not offended.

/ generlink, anyone used one? #58  
On generator power at the moment. Heavy wet snow and high wind caused the power to flicker on and off for an hour then go down completely a couple of hours ago..

/ generlink, anyone used one? #60  
The numbers slip my mind but the MA23-N was $200 cheaper than the MA24-N. Iirc the 40 amp, MA24-N was $899 which does not save anything given the exchange, taxes and freight .