generlink, anyone used one?

/ generlink, anyone used one? #2  
Do a search - this has been discussed. I got scared away by the price.

/ generlink, anyone used one? #3  
It's been touched on before but thanks for the link, I'm gonna check into it more.
JB.

/ generlink, anyone used one?
Thanks, did a search, I was wondering whether to use one of these. But I think I might install a regular switch.

/ generlink, anyone used one? #5  
   / generlink, anyone used one? #6  
Generlink looks like a good product. Ive read thru most of the previous threads. Some people were saying its too expensive :rolleyes: and they'd rather use their double male plug:eek: for hookup. WOW highly illegal up here not to mention dangerous. Im glad im not a electrician down there.

I just contacted my hydro company and Generlink to see if its available up here so i can upgrade my fathers backup generator. Looks like its a pretty much foolproof one wire hookup which would be perfect for Dad. As for price, it seems like its around $1000 which isnt bad considering a transfer switch and hookup will be alot more than that in these parts. Dads quote was around $1400 or so.

Hopefully a couple guys with hands in experience with the generlink will chime in here.

/ generlink, anyone used one? #7  
it's a little costly, and looks like your limited to just under 10 kw input which is fine for most people then there is the proprietary cord needed. the best thing about it is the ability to use any circuit in the house, not every one at the same time but still better IMO than just the set number on the multi circuit transfer switches.

I'd like to get the 200amp double pole switch where you can just switch between grid and gen, only problem is they are over a grand and are more than twice the size of a 200 amp breaker box.

/ generlink, anyone used one? #8  
............... the best thing about it is the ability to use any circuit in the house, not every one at the same time but still better IMO than just the set number on the multi circuit transfer switches.

Good point. The interlock sets also allow every circuit to be used. Total input wattage is limited to how big of a circuit breaker you can fit in the "input" breaker position.

/ generlink, anyone used one? #9  
Yup I really like the interlock idea and would do it, except I can't since I don't have a main breaker in the box, Even though I have a new 200 amp panel, it's considered a remote box being more than x number of feet from the meter, only have a main at the meter.
JB

Attachments

• DSCN0602.jpg
    DSCN0602.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 2,247
   / generlink, anyone used one?
Yup I really like the interlock idea and would do it, except I can't since I don't have a main breaker in the box, Even though I have a new 200 amp panel, it's considered a remote box being more than x number of feet from the meter, only have a main at the meter.
JB

So for you to use your 50Amp hook up, do you have to go down and turn off the main breaker, otherwise it would back feed it illegally, right?