Christmas list ?

/ Christmas list ? #21  
Health, Happiness and insulation for my shop. Could not get it warmer than 42 on sunday.

Merry Christmas to All!

sactovalley

/ Christmas list ? #22  
I checked this morning and I still have a pulse, don't need anything more.

/ Christmas list ? #23  
Sad time of year for that. Had it happen 35 years ago just a little earlier and was marriage on Dec 28th. Walked across the street to better job and benefits. God knew what I needed and had it waiting. Economy was tough then as Carter was president and gas lines popped up. Pray we don't see the same or worse. Kyle, think outside the box, might be you find better in different field.

Thanks, trust me, I'm thinking.

/ Christmas list ? #24  
Health for the family and I, and the wisdom to realize just how good I have it, and quit fretting about the things that are not going my way.

/ Christmas list ? #25  
I want to keep both our jobs,my health insurance rates to not rise,the economy to get better,fuel prices to stay down,my family to stay healthy,and for mankind to stop wars and just get along in peace with each other.
After that im just happy to watch my kids be happy at christmas.
ALAN

Escavader- You said it very well. I really can't comment ont he specifics of our selling (actually reselling since we had sold it in 2001) my husband's old restaurant. This deal has more twists and turns than a roller coaster. So for Christmas I would like to know that the buyer has gotten his financing and it really really is goign to be gone. In addition to every single thing you mentioned I wish for this real estate transaction to be, if not done, at least far enoughh along so that we know it is going to close. That would give us peace of mind.

/ Christmas list ? #26  
I want to keep both our jobs,my health insurance rates to not rise,the economy to get better,fuel prices to stay down,my family to stay healthy,and for mankind to stop wars and just get along in peace with each other.
After that im just happy to watch my kids be happy at christmas.
ALAN

As much as we've been paying for health insurance, I was looking forward to the day when my wife went on Medicare (I've been on it almost 4 years) thinking we'd save some money. Well, this is the month she goes on Medicare, and between paying for Medicare Part B, the Medicare supplement, and Medicare Part D (Rx plan), it's going to cost us $15 a month more than we've been paying.:rolleyes: Oh, well, at least she won't have that thousand dollar deductible and 20% co-pay anymore.

Otherwise, I haven't figured I needed anything for Christmas myself, but then one of my 2 brothers sent an e-mail Saturday that he's bought our Christmas. In other words, he's made reservations and is sponsoring a trip next month for the 3 brothers to go to Port Aransas, TX, to go fishing. Now that ought to be fun; we used to go down there regularly when my parents lived there, but we haven't been down there in the last 7 years.

A fishing trip paid for by someone else sounds good, right? Well, all my fishing gear was about 30 years old and not being used anymore, so I sold all of it, right down to the last hook, last Spring in a garage sale. So, in the last 3 days, I've been buying a few things, including a fishing license. Now I'm hoping the Christmas present he's giving me doesn't cost me more that $400 or $500.:D

/ Christmas list ? #27  
To be honest i work for one of the better companys in this state for benefits . Our company is self insured, which is managed by some outside firm. Employees do help out a little for the family plan,but the company picks up most.We have the best insurance benefits i know of around,even better than some union shops in the area.but how long in this terrible economy can a company bite the bullet and not ask for more employee contribution.We have done pretty good this year,but of course being in the building industry no one had a banner year.
With pay raises slim and bonuses slim im sure it would be hard to ask employees to contribute more,but if it happens it happens that seems to be the trend with healthcare costs.My personal feelings are they were there for us with large bonus checks and annual raises during good times,ill stick with them when they cant afford to.
Rox ,ive read your posts about your restaurant problem its awful,when youve sold something and have to take it back over.Things have a way of working out,i hope it does with you
BIRD, Ifeel the system has failed ,when people who are retired,have to pay anything for health care.
We all would like pics of that fishing trip:)
alan

/ Christmas list ? #28  
Alan, when I started to work for the City, the City supposedly paid for all the employees' health insurance and employees then paid for dependents' insurance. And we were told back then that when we retired, the only change would be that a retiree would pay whatever the City was paying for current employees, but in later years, they decided that old folks' medical care cost more so they should pay higher insurance premiums. I'll probably do some serious investigating next year to see what it would be if I dropped the City insurance and went to the open market. However, they've made it plain that if a retiree ever drops the City insurance, he/she can never get back on it. So, in spite of being on Medicare, we'll still be paying $795.77 a month for health insurance.

And I plan to take the camera with me on the fishing trip, but don't know yet whether there will be anything worthy of pictures.:) One brother bought this boat new this year and we'll be taking it. We've had lots of fun in the past fishing for sheepshead, red drum (redfish), and black drum in the bay. We usually went in November during the flounder run, but I think it'll be too late for them. And I don't know yet whether we'll go out on one of the party boats or not; just depends on what the weather and fishing are like.

/ Christmas list ? #29  
BIRD,
In the description of the boat[which is a nice one] ,it says its great for boarding or tubing.Are we soon to see a new photo of you in your avatar?:D:D:D
ALAN

/ Christmas list ? #30  
No way, Alan. I'm afraid at our age, my brothers and I consider boats only as a means to get to the fish.:D