Linking PhotoBucket pictures to your own website???

/ Linking PhotoBucket pictures to your own website??? #1  

JDeerekid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Montana 4340C w/Loader, JD GX345 w/54in. mower
I know this is an odd question to ask on this tractor site but I know some of the members on here have there own websites and also use photobucket.

My question is I am building a website for my uncles business and there is a page that he wants to show a bunch of pictures. Right now there are a bunch of large pictures one under the other. It take forever to load and I would like to change it to possible thumnail format and click on them to view a larger picture.

Is there a program out there that is free that I can possible add to the site to veiw them in such a way that you can have them in thumnail and view as a slideshow and such?

Now the photobucket was another idea i had but I have not really used photobucket much and really know nothing about it. Can I use it to show the pictures in an organized way so tehy will show up on the and help the page load quickly?

Any other ideas or suggestions???

I am computer literate for the and did take a web page design class in high school but have not done anything in a long time. I have the website designed the way I want all done in HTML. Just need help figuring a way to view these pictures.

Thanks all in advance for the help.

/ Linking PhotoBucket pictures to your own website??? #2  
I like to keep things simple, many programs will do re-size in batches so I create my own thumbnails and create a table and insert the thumbnails with a link to the real photos (also, reduced size) and you can add text with it. Like this:

Dan/De - New Roof

I have used Photobucket and a few others... pretty easy to link to them.

/ Linking PhotoBucket pictures to your own website???
I like to keep things simple, many programs will do re-size in batches so I create my own thumbnails and create a table and insert the thumbnails with a link to the real photos (also, reduced size) and you can add text with it. Like this:

Dan/De - New Roof

I have used Photobucket and a few others... pretty easy to link to them.

Thanks Teg, Yes your way is simple but also time consuming. This is simialar to what I have now except no clickable thimbnails. I have done this also but wanted something that I can use like a slide show.
I know there are some people on here that i have seen there websites that have somekind of scrolling bar with pictures that when you click on them they show up in a larger picture above or below the scrolling bar. I hope someone out there can help me I am suppose to hand this over to my uncle soon.

/ Linking PhotoBucket pictures to your own website???

Thanks Jimbrown, this is more like I want but still not exactly. It is simple in such a way that it is not that time consuming and easy to add to.

I believe that there is a program used my Mac computers that I have seen but cant remember where and if there is a program that is free to use on Windows based computers.

/ Linking PhotoBucket pictures to your own website??? #6  
As long as your website accepts HTML code, you should be able to put all your photos on a free Photobucket account and use the "generate HTML code" section to create thumbnails with links to full size images. Paste those lines of code for each image into the website designer and there you go. As far as a slide-show, you can create those in Photobucket as well and link to them in the site. You might be able to put the slide-show directly in the webpage but I am unsure.

Edit: After creating a slide-show, I see there is a "share" button that gives you the HTML code to post into a website as well.

/ Linking PhotoBucket pictures to your own website??? #7  
There are numerous free slide show creators that will generate code for you. Here's just a couple.

Dynamic Drive- Image Slideshows A large list of free slide show types.

mySlider: Random Photo Slider Image Web Slideshow Code Builder

WWW.HTMLQUEEN.COM - Image Scroll, Scroll Pictures, Myspace Scrolling Code Very simple code to insert your thumbnail links into.

Here are my two favorite free website creator programs. I use this to build and design NVU and I find this is the easiest I have found for managing FTP SourceForge.net: FileZilla