Any one had a nose job..?

/ Any one had a nose job..? #21  
Now, THAT is encouraging!:rolleyes::D
I assume that's for the making your nose look better, not opening the passage....

IThe hardest part was when he and a large male nurse placed a long metal rod up the nose and told me to hold on, He whacked the rod with a hammer about eight or nine times until we all heard (and I felt) the bone shatter. Then he grabbed my nose and forced it straight, shoved 3 miles of gauze up there and I was helped up and led out of the room on rubber legs...

/ Any one had a nose job..? #22  
I assume that's for the making your nose look better, not opening the passage....

A before and after picture .. before the first and after the third.:D ..I still say go for it D7E.... look how it's helped me.:eek:

Attachments

• michael%20jackson%201.jpg
    michael%20jackson%201.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 66
   / Any one had a nose job..? #23  
If'n D7E ends up looking like the right side I'm sure the resulting situations will require much more serious alterations!:D

/ Any one had a nose job..? #24  
I have rhinophyma, which is the thickening of the nasal epidermis, otherwise known as a big snoz. It mostly occurs in older men, and as I am a male septigenerian, I fit the category although it has been developing for years. It doesn't affect the nasal passages but it is unsightly. One of the problems associated with rhinophyma is that the pores in the skin are enlarged and are easily infected, leading to pimples as well as excessive oil discharge. The solution is laser surgery that costs about $1000. The cost is what has kept me from having it done so far as it is not covered by our health plan - it is considered cosmetic. Maybe someday.

/ Any one had a nose job..? #25  

A good straightening is often be done for both reasons. A crooked nose moves air about as well as a kinked garden hose moved water.

The 'reaming' is a procedure to remove one or two of the 'turbinates' to allow airflow to move through with less restriction, as snoring/sleep apnea can be a problem for guys/girls who haven't broken their nose.

-Jer.

/ Any one had a nose job..? #26  
don't know if you would call it a nose job. But, I had surgery several years ago to repair a deviated septum.It was no big deal. They put me into a deep sleep

/ Any one had a nose job..? #27  
I dunno what you're hearing, but 14 months is about average wait for almost any non life threatening procedure. That's average, not even the longest wait!!! It can be 2+ years in some parts of Canada.

I'm sure he's a fine surgeon, but we don't really make celeb's of surgeons as is sometimes done in the US. Fame is not synonomous with ability!!!!

Our system is riddled with inefficiencies because it's not run as a business. Although not being a business is also our strength because all are cared for equally. There's good and bad to both systems.

-Jer.

Having experienced both systems (30 years in Canada and 10 now in the US). I can say that I'll take the US system any day. Of course, I work, pay taxes, and have decent health coverage. If I was relying on free health care then I would say Canada would be OK. Although the costs are just hidden in the taxes.

Complacency is a Canadian trait that I didn't seem to inherit. ;)

/ Any one had a nose job..? #28  
Having experienced both systems (30 years in Canada and 10 now in the US). I can say that I'll take the US system any day. Of course, I work, pay taxes, and have decent health coverage. If I was relying on free health care then I would say Canada would be OK. Although the costs are just hidden in the taxes.

Complacency is a Canadian trait that I didn't seem to inherit. ;)

Me neither.

Must have been an interesting change for you when you moved??

-Jer.

/ Any one had a nose job..? #29  
I had septoplasty along with sinus surgery about 4 years ago. Took about 2 weeks to break even and 3 weeks to see improvement in the breathing.

/ Any one had a nose job..?
..Holy s#!t ...i never expected this many replies, Thank you all ....Well i'm booked in for monday morning at 6.45am at the victoria in winnipeg....
If i do end up like jacko i'll post the before and after pics lol...?????????

I'm considering tonight my .."Last meal" and enjoying a case of beer and a few cigars before the weekend de-tox..HaHa...?

Last edited: