Any one had a nose job..?

/ Any one had a nose job..? #1  

D7E

Veteran Member
Tractor
Versatile 895 Versatile 876 Ford TW20 Ford TW5 MF 3505 FWA MF 390 FWA Ford 7600 Fiat 766 FWA JD 2030 MF 165 MF 35 Fordson major x 3 CAT 416 b Backhoe Case 580 b backhoe MF
After 4 busted noses from boxing/Riding dirt bikes and some colourful weekends as a young man I'm paying the price now as unable to breathe through the nose and spend many nights sleeping upright in an armchair and as i get older it collapses a little more all the time.
Finally after 14 months of waiting got a date for the knife...I'm scared i'll go through a lot of pain for nothing and come out looking like michael jackson.
Any else had the snout rebuilt....?

/ Any one had a nose job..? #2  
After 4 busted noses from boxing/Riding dirt bikes and some colourful weekends as a young man I'm paying the price now as unable to breathe through the nose and spend many nights sleeping upright in an armchair and as i get older it collapses a little more all the time.
Finally after 14 months of waiting got a date for the knife...I'm scared i'll go through a lot of pain for nothing and come out looking like michael jackson.
Any else had the snout rebuilt....?

I hope all goes well for you, do keep us informed as I can relate to your problem. I have a hard time breathing through the nose also.

/ Any one had a nose job..? #3  
Hi,

I don't know a whole lot about the procedure or its outcome, but I can say that I know a colleague who's an opthalmologist that had it done last month. Knowing him, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have had it done without looking into it.

Also being Canadian, I'd say don't let your day pass!!! Who knows how long it'll be before you can get another date!!

I think you'll find it'll be a week or two of hassle for a lifetime of improvement. It's not just a good thing to do so that your spouse can get some sleep, but also for your health as sleep apnea is now recognized as a major contributor to heart disease.

Good Luck!!

-Jer.

/ Any one had a nose job..? #4  
D7E;

Are you saying that you had to wait 14 months to get a nose job surgery? That doc must be an artist or us Yanks must be hearing a different version of the Canadian health care system. Best of luck and good health.

SimS

/ Any one had a nose job..? #5  
Don't think it will be for nothing, opening up closed airways can only be good! And I hope your not in a lot of pain, that's what Oxycontin is for (call Rush).

As for coming out looking like MJ LOL, I don't know what to tell you, I saw a recent picture of he-she-it that was not bad.

Good Luck!!!
JB,

/ Any one had a nose job..? #7  
My friend had his done about 2 months ago now. (note: second time, first failed)
He said the pain wasnt to bad, just standing up would give him a nose bleed.
He was "down" for 2 weeks ,but he got very restless and disobeyed the doctors orders. He works for himself so was back in the shop in 3 days.
now that the imediate trauma of surgery is over and his wife isnt hounding him to take it easy, he would recomend it to anyone who needs it because it he would be out of breath after the smallest task and now hes a whole lot better. He found he was starting to have heart problems due too his poor breathing, so get it done asap.;)

Last edited:
   / Any one had a nose job..? #8  
Stick the old snosse outside for a few minutes and it may just freeze right up and fall off this winter!:D

Keep the faith and look at the top side!:D

/ Any one had a nose job..? #9  
Good Afternoon D7E,
Hey the best of luck with your operation ! My nose is OK but I did my left leg in riding dirtbikes years ago ! ;)

Had a tibia plateau fracture that took a long time to heal and it was painfull as he!! But Im OK now, so go get it done and you will be happy that it was taken care of !

Good Luck !

/ Any one had a nose job..? #10  
I shattered my tailbone ridign dirtbikes. OUCH! the good news is that they didn't have to "set it" (they go up, the outty for that one).

good luck with the snout job!