Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Many

Default Any one had a nose job..?

After 4 busted noses from boxing/Riding dirt bikes and some colourful weekends as a young man I'm paying the price now as unable to breathe through the nose and spend many nights sleeping upright in an armchair and as i get older it collapses a little more all the time.
    Finally after 14 months of waiting got a date for the knife...I'm scared i'll go through a lot of pain for nothing and come out looking like michael jackson.
    Any else had the snout rebuilt....?

Platinum Member

Default Re: Any one had a nose job..?

Quote Originally Posted by D7E View Post
    After 4 busted noses from boxing/Riding dirt bikes and some colourful weekends as a young man I'm paying the price now as unable to breathe through the nose and spend many nights sleeping upright in an armchair and as i get older it collapses a little more all the time.
    Finally after 14 months of waiting got a date for the knife...I'm scared i'll go through a lot of pain for nothing and come out looking like michael jackson.
    Any else had the snout rebuilt....?
    I hope all goes well for you, do keep us informed as I can relate to your problem. I have a hard time breathing through the nose also.

Tractor
    JD 4720

Hi,

I don't know a whole lot about the procedure or its outcome, but I can say that I know a colleague who's an opthalmologist that had it done last month. Knowing him, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have had it done without looking into it.

Also being Canadian, I'd say don't let your day pass!!! Who knows how long it'll be before you can get another date!!

I think you'll find it'll be a week or two of hassle for a lifetime of improvement. It's not just a good thing to do so that your spouse can get some sleep, but also for your health as sleep apnea is now recognized as a major contributor to heart disease.

Good Luck!!

-Jer.
    ________
    2005 JD 4720, 400x loader with bucket, bale spear, pallet forks, Markham LD grapple, Markham snow blade, Schulte BX 74 snowblower, Caroni 1900 flail, 8' Aerway, 3rd SCV at rear, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, added EH hydro circuits, big pile of 3pt implements.
    Wish List:
    PTO hydraulic pump to run custom fab'd hydraulic snowblower, broom, weed wacker, or PHD. Side link from MtnView Ranch....

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3710DT, Case 1845C, Takeuchi TB015

D7E;

Are you saying that you had to wait 14 months to get a nose job surgery? That doc must be an artist or us Yanks must be hearing a different version of the Canadian health care system. Best of luck and good health.

SimS

Tractor
    J.D. 4310 E-hydro

Don't think it will be for nothing, opening up closed airways can only be good! And I hope your not in a lot of pain, that's what Oxycontin is for (call Rush).

As for coming out looking like MJ LOL, I don't know what to tell you, I saw a recent picture of he-she-it that was not bad.

Good Luck!!!
    JB,
    JD 4310; E hydro, 300CX, 48 BH, 60" box, 72" rake, 72" rear blade, cast pallet forks, 48", 61"HD & 73" high volume bucket.
    FORD 1700; 2 WD, 2600 hrs.
    JD 320; Hydra lift, 48" deck and 48" snow blade.
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500, Cummins 6.7L, Aisin 6 speed, 9ft utility body.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by D7E View Post
    After 4 busted noses from boxing .?
    But; what does the other guy look like?
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    ditch witch 6510

My friend had his done about 2 months ago now. (note: second time, first failed)
    He said the pain wasnt to bad, just standing up would give him a nose bleed.
    He was "down" for 2 weeks ,but he got very restless and disobeyed the doctors orders. He works for himself so was back in the shop in 3 days.
    now that the imediate trauma of surgery is over and his wife isnt hounding him to take it easy, he would recomend it to anyone who needs it because it he would be out of breath after the smallest task and now hes a whole lot better. He found he was starting to have heart problems due too his poor breathing, so get it done asap.
    Last edited by WantedWolf; 01-16-2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: note

Stick the old snosse outside for a few minutes and it may just freeze right up and fall off this winter!

Keep the faith and look at the top side!
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Tractor
    1986 MF 1040, 1942 Farmall A, 1949 Farmall Super A

Good Afternoon D7E,
    Hey the best of luck with your operation ! My nose is OK but I did my left leg in riding dirtbikes years ago !

Had a tibia plateau fracture that took a long time to heal and it was painfull as he!! But Im OK now, so go get it done and you will be happy that it was taken care of !

Good Luck !
    scotty

,,,course,,it is gas,and gas is,,well,gas,,so,,but it kills the @#$$ oughta them yellow jackets,,,thingy

http://www.tractorbynet.com/content/...onth-scott_vt/

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 40s

I shattered my tailbone ridign dirtbikes. OUCH! the good news is that they didn't have to "set it" (they go up, the outty for that one).

good luck with the snout job!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast