My apologies

/ My apologies #21  
I agree. But, that poster on the other board literally brought the forum to it's knees, which was a bad thing.

I hate political correctness and all that. I hate being all pansy about not saying what you think. But, after seeing what happened on that other forum, I would hate to see it happen here.

I have not seen the posts in question here, but I'm guessing they were not horribly rash. I kinda ride in the middle. It takes a bit to hurt my feelings, and I can dish out a bit too. But, I generally don't... I don't want to see happen here what happened there; it was on a different subject, but the forum was every bit as informative and helpful as this forum.

/ My apologies
<font color=blue> But, that poster on the other board literally brought the forum to it's knees, which was a bad thing</font color=blue>
Guys we can't let anything like this happen here.Lets just turn our attention to tractors and friendly conversation,like we do 99% of the time, we can't let the 1% of the time drag us all down.If it would help make things better,I would not object to Muhammad deleting the whole thread,.We have all come too far on this discussion board as friends and neighbors.Lets keep it that way.I hope 5 years from now I am able to still set down in front of my computer and log on to TBN and know that if I needed help or advice or just wanted to share a story someone would be listening. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ My apologies #23  
Hillbilly - Ditto. I'd say that takes care of the whole issue from start to finish.

/ My apologies #24  
Hillbilly,
I for one liked the post, and agreed with it 100%. It might not have been related to tractors, but I related to it quite well. And I also agree that the moderators or Mohammed have every right to delete any thread, even if it were about how great green tractors really are./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Although I like free speech, as has been said elsewhere, free speech does not apply everywhere, and while we are here in Mohammed's house, we might just have to bite our tongues occasionally. I consider it a small price to pay for admission.

/ My apologies #25  
There is NO need to apologize.

/ My apologies #26  
Nowhere else in the world do they even try one bit to accomodate a foreigner.

<font color=red>Actually....just to your north is a little country called Canada. We tend to do an awful lot of accomodation too!!!</font color=red>

Yes we do.

/ My apologies #27  
Can I bring my handgun with me when I come to visit?

/ My apologies #28  
Send it to me too, I missed the first one./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif!

/ My apologies #29  
Good question.

Also i think it is important to minimize the censorship.
What is the policy? Do sections of posts and or whole posts just vanish without some notation of "moderation"?

I too don't want the site to suffer since A) it has helped me tremendously B) its a great and fun site, and C) Mohammad and company do a great job.
However, we should keep it to a bare minimum.

just my two cents..
Fred

/ My apologies #30  
Hillbilly, read your post and did not find it offensive.
Never the less, I agree with both you and Mark when you say, let's can the whole thing.
Bottom line, this is a great board composed of very sharing people.
Any issue thats complicates the sharing that goes on here is best forgotten.

cheers,