A Cool Cucumber!

/ A Cool Cucumber! #1  

JB4310

Tractor
J.D. 4310 E-hydro
I hadn't seen any discussion on TBN about the plane that went down in the Hudson river, it was truly remarkable in many ways.

Now they released the audio of the communication between the pilot and the tower, Man all the praise they've been giving him doesn't begin to do justice to how cool he was under that immense pressure.
You might call it the ultimate Pucker incident times 1,000!!!.

I'm sure you'll hear it on the nightly news, it's on my IP's home page's video news links. Don't know if I can link to it.

JB.

Last edited:
   / A Cool Cucumber! #2  
I listened to the raw tape of the whole thing. That guy is Mr. Cool! The guy barking orders was real cool about it too. definately some needed bonuses there instead of to CEO's.

/ A Cool Cucumber! #3  
What I find incredible is the system - in this case personnel, training, procedures, processes, technology, events and time - all worked for the best during this event.

Such good news. Such incredible good news. Gives faith to the masses.

/ A Cool Cucumber! #4  
Kinda neat how a person can be calm, cool and collected in a situation like that. Personally, had I been in that situation, after it was over, I would have barfed! :p

/ A Cool Cucumber! #5  
I heard it today too and couldn't believe how calm he was, they need to give him a big bonus. He saved many lives on the plane and many lives saved from crashing into a building.

They said he stayed on the plane until the last person got out.

I thank he should become the CEO of that airline.

/ A Cool Cucumber! #7  
Kinda neat how a person can be calm, cool and collected in a situation like that. Personally, had I been in that situation, after it was over, I would have barfed! :p

Training, experience, and then perhaps some indefinable intrinsic personality traits sometimes all come together as we all wish they would.

/ A Cool Cucumber! #8  
A cool "dead stick" landing... My hats off to the crew!

/ A Cool Cucumber! #9  
There is a wonderful pps slide show making the rounds on email of the histoy of the pilot, his training, experience, and of the plane in the Hudson river. While the plane was sinking, after everyone was off, the pilot walked the entire plane twice to besure that everyone was off. After leaving the plane, the pilot then has the roster, and made sure that everyone was accounted for, and safe on shore. :cool:

Then you read in the paper the roster of the CEOs whom lead their companies to insolvancy. :mad: And the millions of dollars they were paid.:eek::confused:

/ A Cool Cucumber!
A cool "dead stick" landing... My hats off to the crew!

Now I know nothing about flying except my experience with Flight Simulator 2002.
I can imagine landing a Cessna with no power, but a falling garbage truck that is totally reliant on thrust?? and at the last second still able to keep the nose up, and only have 1 engine torn off.

Anyone know of another commercial jet landing on water successfully? I know they train for it but I've never heard of one before.

JB.